Recommend a tac light :)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Recommend a tac light :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Recommend a tac light :)

Okay,
so I've been thinking about getting a tac light for my glock 17 rtf for home defense, so it'll be on the gun 100% of the time it's at home, but off when I'm at the range. I need one that is easy to remove and somewhat easy on the budget (less than $200).

What are some tac lights that you could recommend that would fit my situation? Maybe even one with a laser?

Thanks in advanced.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2010, 07:58 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Sorry I missed this thread slip.

Is there a reason you want the flashlight afixed to the weapon? Because in that price range, it's going to be difficult to get a good quality one.

However, if you were willing to get a flashlight for off hand use, there are a ton of good brands out there for less than your budget.

As for lights that afix to your weapon, Surefire is by far the most promoted company out there. Their lights are very bright and their stuff is good quality, but it's expensive as hell.

Insight is a company that makes a good product. If you shop around, you MIGHT be able to find one in that price range, but it might be used.

This one is rated for your Glock, but all I know about the brand is that they are kind of hungry on the batteries if you know what I mean.

This will bump the post back up, so maybe someone else has a suggestion for you.

JD

Old 08-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Sorry I missed this thread slip.

Is there a reason you want the flashlight afixed to the weapon? Because in that price range, it's going to be difficult to get a good quality one.

However, if you were willing to get a flashlight for off hand use, there are a ton of good brands out there for less than your budget.

As for lights that afix to your weapon, Surefire is by far the most promoted company out there. Their lights are very bright and their stuff is good quality, but it's expensive as hell.

Insight is a company that makes a good product. If you shop around, you MIGHT be able to find one in that price range, but it might be used.

This one is rated for your Glock, but all I know about the brand is that they are kind of hungry on the batteries if you know what I mean.

This will bump the post back up, so maybe someone else has a suggestion for you.

JD
JD,
thanks for the reply. I looked into insight, and though it was *a little* out of my price range, I decided to opt for the M6. Thank you for your help