Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Range bags (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/range-bags-67363/)

FresnoDave 06-30-2012 10:49 AM

Range bags

Need info on a good range bag for my xd

canebrake 06-30-2012 11:05 AM

I have searched high and low for that perfect range bag and wish I had all the cash I've spent in this pursuit!

I've tried them all from my leather Colt bag to the ballistic nylon Blackhawk stuff.

Here's what I found;
  1. Don't go for pretty!
  2. Do go for high utility.
  3. Price is not a condition of utility or quality.
  4. Camouflage range bags are a source of endless jokes.
  5. Pink camouflage range bags can result in you dropping shooting as a sport! (Unless you're my daughter!)
  6. Listen to others suggestions or follow them in their mistakes.....or at minimum, the unnecessary waste of cash.

Technical Information: What I look for in a Competition Range Bag
  • Overall Dimensions: 22"L x 15"W x 10"H
  • 9 Total pockets: 7 on main bag - 2 on removable stage bag/ammunition carrier
  • 14 Total magazine pouches 1-1/2"L x 4-1/2"H 8 in rear compartment - 6 in stage bag/ammunition carrier
  • Fired brass carrying bag 5" Diameter 6"H with cinch top, reinforced mesh bottom and chrome plated steel clasps
  • Heavy duty 2"W x 52"L removable carrying strap with shoulder pad and chrome plated steel clasps
  • Full wrap around carrying straps with 5" strap connector/handle with hook and loop closure
  • External ID pocket
  • 2 Non-slip stabilizing pads 2" x 5" on bottom of bag
  • Main compartment 17"L x 10"W x 10"H
  • Includes:
  • 2 removable padded pistol rugs with zippers 8-1/2"H x 12"W fit most large frame semi-auto pistols and revolvers with barrels up to 6"
  • Removable stage bag/ammunition carrier with carrying handles for portability 15"L x 5"W x7-1/2"H
  • Removable stage bag/ammunition carrier features:
  • 2 Padded zippered pockets 7-1/2"H x 15"L
  • 2 Padded moveable hook and loop equiped compartment walls
  • 2 Chrome plated steel D-rings for quick attachment of the carry strap
  • Full wrap-around nylon handles
  • Front compartments - 2 Padded zippered pockets 8"L x 2"W x 8"H
  • Right side compartment - 1 Padded zippered pocket 8"L x 2"W x 8"H with 5 internal elastic accessory holders 1-1/4"W x 2-1/2"H
  • Left side compartments - 1 Padded zippered pocket 4"L x 2"W x 8"H and 1 padded beverage holder with drain hole
  • Rear compartment - 1 Padded zippered pocket 8"L x 2"W x 16"W which features:
  • 8 magazine pouches
  • Internal padded pocket 8"L by 15-1/2"W
  • 12 various sized internal elastic accessory holders designed to hold brushes, jags etc for calibers from 50 down to 17

If you agree with my range bag criteria I can save you a lot of time and money:

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/DSCF5005.jpg

MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag - MidwayUSA

All you need to do is pick the color you want.

Need more info to convince you? Read the customer feed-back.

Jpyle 06-30-2012 01:56 PM

^^^ what he said there. Although he did forget to mention the cup holder.

yayamamasami 06-30-2012 02:31 PM

Canebrake is a wealth of knowledge!! My hats off, cane! I just live and learn (and carry two range bags cos the first was too small!!) and a toolbox for my tools and spare parts. One bag is red and black and the other is black, both off brand. My wife has a pink range bag as well. It's like going on a week long vacation when we go shooting. We need a dolly to carry all our crap, it seems. Oh, and two .50 cal ammo cans full of .45ACP, .380ACP, .308 and 12 gauge shells!!!

winds-of-change 06-30-2012 04:34 PM

I have a pink camo range bag. What's wrong with that, Cane? I also have another range bag that is suddenly too small as I've acquired more guns. And Yayamamasami, I have just started using a cart/dolly to carry my 'stuff' to the range. I'm "older" and the bags are too darned heavy for me.

tacticalfun 06-30-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change
I have a pink camo range bag. What's wrong with that, Cane? I also have another range bag that is suddenly too small as I've acquired more guns. And Yayamamasami, I have just started using a cart/dolly to carry my 'stuff' to the range. I'm "older" and the bags are too darned heavy for me.

Where did you find the pink one? My lady would love that

c3shooter 06-30-2012 05:26 PM

Visits your local office supply store for a laptop bag. The kind with 2 wheels and a pull up handle. All sorts of compartments, zippers, and yes, a cup holder. You can carry it or pull it, and price is usually less than a range bag.

Advantage- it does not LOOK like a range bag. Just be sure you do not grab it by mistake on your way to the airport.

http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=TBR003US&PageNam e=Cases & Bags for Laptops by Targus USA&productCategoryId=5&bucketTypeId=0&searchedTer ms=&navlevel1=products&cp=&bannertxt=Cases %26 Bags for Laptops

Puff 06-30-2012 10:42 PM

For women.
http://acecase.com/ladies-gun-cases/

I have a regular size midway bag - great price, good product that will last
the next 20 yrs.

kycol 07-01-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake
I have searched high and low for that perfect range bag and wish I had all the cash I've spent in this pursuit!

I've tried them all from my leather Colt bag to the ballistic nylon Blackhawk stuff.

Here's what I found;

[*]Don't go for pretty![*]Do go for high utility.[*]Price is not a condition of utility or quality.[*]Camouflage range bags are a source of endless jokes.[*]Pink camouflage range bags can result in you dropping shooting as a sport! (Unless you're my daughter!)[*]Listen to others suggestions or follow them in their mistakes.....or at minimum, the unnecessary waste of cash.

Technical Information: What I look for in a Competition Range Bag
[*]Overall Dimensions: 22"L x 15"W x 10"H[*]9 Total pockets: 7 on main bag - 2 on removable stage bag/ammunition carrier[*]14 Total magazine pouches 1-1/2"L x 4-1/2"H 8 in rear compartment - 6 in stage bag/ammunition carrier[*]Fired brass carrying bag 5" Diameter 6"H with cinch top, reinforced mesh bottom and chrome plated steel clasps[*]Heavy duty 2"W x 52"L removable carrying strap with shoulder pad and chrome plated steel clasps[*]Full wrap around carrying straps with 5" strap connector/handle with hook and loop closure[*]External ID pocket[*]2 Non-slip stabilizing pads 2" x 5" on bottom of bag[*]Main compartment 17"L x 10"W x 10"H
Includes:[*]2 removable padded pistol rugs with zippers 8-1/2"H x 12"W fit most large frame semi-auto pistols and revolvers with barrels up to 6"[*]Removable stage bag/ammunition carrier with carrying handles for portability 15"L x 5"W x7-1/2"H
Removable stage bag/ammunition carrier features:[*]2 Padded zippered pockets 7-1/2"H x 15"L[*]2 Padded moveable hook and loop equiped compartment walls[*]2 Chrome plated steel D-rings for quick attachment of the carry strap[*]Full wrap-around nylon handles[*]Front compartments - 2 Padded zippered pockets 8"L x 2"W x 8"H[*]Right side compartment - 1 Padded zippered pocket 8"L x 2"W x 8"H with 5 internal elastic accessory holders 1-1/4"W x 2-1/2"H[*]Left side compartments - 1 Padded zippered pocket 4"L x 2"W x 8"H and 1 padded beverage holder with drain hole[*]Rear compartment - 1 Padded zippered pocket 8"L x 2"W x 16"W which features:[*]8 magazine pouches[*]Internal padded pocket 8"L by 15-1/2"W[*]12 various sized internal elastic accessory holders designed to hold brushes, jags etc for calibers from 50 down to 17

If you agree with my range bag criteria I can save you a lot of time and money:

MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag - MidwayUSA

All you need to do is pick the color you want.

Need more info to convince you? Read the customer feed-back.

Cain thanks for this post, I just ordered this bag on sale $49 in olive drab, I was going to get a tan one but I'll take olive to save $30

Now I can't wait for it to get here I grabbed a couple mags too

LongBaller71 07-01-2012 02:21 AM

What Cane said! MidWay USA all the way. Less $ for all you need and more!