question regading gun auction sites
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > question regading gun auction sites

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default question regading gun auction sites

hello,

i sell all kindz of rifle & gun accessories, amongst other in ebay and amazon. my question is i heard of all kindz of other gun action sites (which specialize in guns & firearms, unlike ebay and amazon which sell everything).

one heard of and even tried is gun broker (it's ok, occassionally sell). what about others - does anybody know and reccomend additional ones? did anybody hear of guns of america? if yes, how is it? and any other ones??

please let me know.

thanks
ED

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9508 Times on 4091 Posts
Likes Given: 1492

As you know (or will know when they freeze one of your auctions) Ebay does not permit the sale of firearms, and a LOT of firearm parts and accessories. In addition to Gunbroker.com, I also use Auctionarms.com. I have used gunsamerica.com, but not overly impressed.

The keys to being a successful seller: GOOD pictures (notice I used the plural- one pic sux) in focus, properly exposed, showing close-up what the gun looks like. A red or light green background seems to give good contrast.

Next, a GOOD description of the gun. I know that a Marlin 39A is a lever action 22. Tell me about YOUR Marlin 39A- condition, serial number prefix (tells me the year) any changes to the rifle, bore condition, etc. I can't hold it and look at it, so you gotta tell me why I should buy yours.

Last- a good price. I do not waste my time on hidden reserve auctions- list it as a basic auction, start a the lowest price you can live with, and start the auction. When I look at a price, I mentally add shipping costs, and if it is not covered by my 03 FFL, I add what an 01 Dealer will charge me for the transfer. Translation- you have a Ruger up for $240, my local dealer has for $250. BUT- to buy yours, I'll spend $240, PLUS $26 in shipping, PLUS $50 to dealer for transfer. NOT a good deal.

Go look at some of the more successful sellers on auctionarms- sportsmans supply, jack the dog- they have good success for a reason.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #3

Gunbroker and Gunsamerica are no deal to you at all. The people there are selling retail most of the time. I have consistently beat them time and time again on sites like budsguns.com. I just bought a Taurus Public Defender from Buds for $412.00 delivered. You can also purchase an AK 47 from them for $389.00 delivered. The same AK on gunbroker is $500-$600 the last time I looked. Sure, if you wait long enough and are quick to buy, you might get a deal sometime. Why play that game when you can go to a good gun site and probaly beat them 99 out of 100 times. Also gunbroker is full of people that buy from buds and others, then resell on gunbroker to people that are not familiar with gun prices.

Never forget 911

When you think of your freedom. Thank a Veteran!

Old 12-13-2009, 10:21 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/random-thoughts-thread-11615/index280.html post 2792. I have read many times that gunbroker can be overpriced; unless what i posted was an unusual item, then i can see why people would think that. It is a nice place to look at different items, but i haven't seen anything i would consider a deal, not yet.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.