Question About Gun Safe

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Question About Gun Safe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Question About Gun Safe

I recently bought a gun safe, it is a Northern safe model G5924E. I am happy with it but last time I opened it, it seemed like the three spoke handle was very loose and easy to turn. The first time I opened it, I had to put in a little muscle to get the wheel turning, but now it just loose. I don't even have to put any muscle into, it opens very smoothly.

So, I wonder if something, like a bolt is loose, or if it just cause it was brand new and it needed a couple of turns to get it normal?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-22-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Any difference in the sounds it makes or doesn't make when you turn it? Was there any grittiness when you first opened it? It could be that it just got smoother with a little use, like a polishing job.
Doesn't wiggle or anything, does it?
Tom