Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Which Polymer Flip Sight is the best?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 05:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Which Polymer Flip Sight is the best?

I'm looking to purchase a Polymer rear flip sight for my AR and I can't decide between a Pro-Mag sight, a Magpul MBUS, or a ARMS polymer flip sight.

I've never purchased a flip sight, so I'm not sure which makes the better quality sight. I know magpul is known for good sights, but the MBUS looks chunky....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #2

Are you dead set on going polymer? I've heard of the Magpul polymer sights breaking during installation. Probably due to over-tightening, but you get the idea. I'm a big fan of the Troy battle sights. Also, check GG&G and Midwest.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot86 View Post
Are you dead set on going polymer? I've heard of the Magpul polymer sights breaking during installation. Probably due to over-tightening, but you get the idea. I'm a big fan of the Troy battle sights. Also, check GG&G and Midwest.
I'm a firm believer in Polymer, I think it is just as sturdy as metal and if anything, more weather proof.

I'll look into Troy sights and GG&G, thanks

Old 02-02-2011, 01:37 AM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I have some ARMS 40s and they rock. But they are steel.

The MagPul polys that I've played with have been very nice.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-02-2011, 01:42 AM   #5

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have Magpul on my AR. A little cheaper than iron or steel. Seems like it will hold up well....but I rarely use it.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:20 AM   #6

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have no experience with BUIS, but I have several Magpul items and their quality is second to none in my opinion. If I were looking for BUIS, I would buy MagPul.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me