Please point me in the right direction...

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Please point me in the right direction...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Please point me in the right direction...

Greetings! I have a question I hope someone out there can answer. I own a Colt HBAR .223 with a non-threaded barrel and I would like to put a flash hider or muzzle brake on it but I am having a hard time finding ones that do not require a threaded barrel. Does anyone know a good website or source for these? Also I was at a gun show in Rochester, NY a few years ago and saw a bi-pod that looked like a smaller version of the bipod found on the front of an M-60 LMG. I have not been able to locate them online as I was not able to find the manufacturers name. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-19-2009, 04:03 AM   #2

Any good gunsmith should be able to cut 1/2X28 threads on your barrel. Then use any AR muzzle brake of your choice.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:17 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8691 Times on 3764 Posts
Likes Given: 1336

Brakes that are not threaded have a horrible tendency to be off center. Just a little really screws up accuracy. Just a little more, the brake becomes a projectile.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt