Pissed off at optics planet!!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Pissed off at optics planet!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default Pissed off at optics planet!!!!

I'm waiting on an order from optics planet.
I recieved an email from them today.

Greetings from OpticsPlanet.com!

Thank you for ordering:
================================================== ================
Brinkmann Armor Max 104 Lumens Tactical LED Flashlight 809-1025-2 $19.89
ATI Clamp or 1in. Light Mount & Sling Swivel Stud SMC1100 $7.59
================================================== ================
We apologize, but your order has temporarily been placed on hold. Certain elements of your order indicate that your item(s) will be exported. Prior to shipping your order, we need to verify that the ordered item(s) will not be leaving the United States without the valid authorization or export license issued by the U.S. Government. Please answer the following questions (by responding to this email) to aid in processing your order:

1) Who is the end user of the product(s) you have ordered?

2) What is the end use of the product(s) you have ordered?

3) Where is the final destination of the product(s) you have ordered? (Please respond with a city and country)

4) What is the final application of the items (personal use, resale, etc) ?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Once we receive this information (via fax at (847) 919-9401 or email at RM@OpticsPlanet.com), we will continue processing your order.

Please note that your order is currently on HOLD. If we do not hear back from you within 7 days, we will assume that you are no longer interested in this transaction and will cancel your order.

If you have any further questions, feel free to check our FAQ page at http://www.opticsplanet.com/restrictions-faq.html or contact us.

Thank you for your prompt response. Have a great day!

Best regards,
OpticsPlanet.com Risk Management Team

Export control laws and regulations are complex. Any summaries of such laws and regulations provided by OpticsPlanet.com herein are not comprehensive and are not to be taken as legal advice or counseling.

This was my response...

It would appear something is wrong with your system.
This light was ordered for a Massachusetts Police Officers duty weapon. Ship the order now or I will stop payment and order elsewhere. The order is being shipped to an ffl holder in Leominster, Massachusetts.The address is listed below. I don't have the time for this ridiculousness. It's a flashlight.
The ffl # is attatched. Do you require a tax ID number???
Ship the order.
OLD MILL GUN SHOP
435 Lancaster Street
Leominster, MA 01453
978-728-4197

I don't need No stinking signature.

rocshaman Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #2

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Screw 'em. It's a freaking flashlight.

Thanks for the post.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 12-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #3

Liked 499 Times on 298 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I can understand being annoyed, but the gov't has no mercy on businesses that have anything to do with the gun industry. Apparently something has shaken them up in the past and being a large business they felt they didn't want to cross the gov't. Those with FFL's have many rules to live by as well and that's why friends of mine gave them up and I didn't want one. Obviously someone got their wires crossed, but sometimes we just have to let things slide a little, as long as things turn out OK in the end. I've dealt with OpticsPlanet over the past few years a number of times and found their prices to be pretty darn good and received my orders quickly.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I've ordered from them many times. They decide to hold me up on a flashlight? This officer needs his gun. The build has been done for a week. The light should have been here already. This is no way to do business.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2603 Times on 1271 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Mountainman,

There has been a lot of outside the country individuals going to local gun shops, weapon shows and vendors and buying products which are restricted for international commerce by the US State Department alleging they are living in the states and using them here. Then they will illegally smuggle the items whether restricted optics, weapon parts, tactical equipment as in the case of your light out of the country. For BIG MONEY! When I was with the AR Company there was a group out of the Philippines trying to pull that all the time. Alleging they lived in California or New Jersey. Of course we were on to them and would not sell them the weapon parts and restricted items they wanted. So maybe this explains it. But from my experience something threw the flag as Gunsmoke referred to. Unknown by you maybe some have been to your store in the past and an item which may have been traced by the State Department to the Manufacturer then to your store. Obviously you would have had no knowledge. That is why I explained a little of about how they do it above.Do as you will but believe me the Optics Planet does not want the State Department on them at all for this issue it is massive fines and prison time for those involved.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 12-13-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:35 PM   #6
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well with the background info it is more understandable. Still pisses me off when law abiding citizens have to pay the price for criminals. Seems to me that this officer has to go without his entry weapon because we can't (won't) secure our borders. Thanks for the info though.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2603 Times on 1271 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Mountainman,
I can understand that! And also from an officers prospective. Seems like the scum bags are screwing things up for the good folks more and more.
Anyway! I would call the Optics Planet in the morning and ask for that department and see if you can simply fax them the info like we do our FFL info presently. Surely that will expedite it since most of the time they are very prompt. I guess someday it may come that if we are selling a restricted item the customer will have to confirm it by signature as you are. That is one reason I have had second thoughts about selling a good NV 4X Rifle Scope I have due to the fact if it is found in Bosnia or somewhere I am going to go through the hassle of sale. So now that you have brought this up I will probably just have whoever sign a card or letter that it is to remain in the USA just for my protection and eliminate any potential hassle. Weired S can happen and I don't want to have any chance of 10 yrs at the Fed Hotel! They do not have a Range there for me to shoot on and I am sure they would look dimly on ammunition and rifles. LOL!
Just a comment on my part!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

vincent Likes This 
Old 12-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #8
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Lol. Thanks for the input. I'll deal with it more in the am. I wonder if this is just the beginning of the att.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #9

Liked 271 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 193

I have used these guys before and I had no issues with anything I have bought from them.

http://www.clearlyoptics.com/

Old 12-14-2012, 02:44 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

the reason you got that email is because its being shipped to an ffl. if your not on file with them with a itars statement they are required by the feds to get one as your not the end user and are reselling the restricted product. dont be mad at optics planet get pissed at the freekin feds for doing that itars idiocy

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

HOSSFLY Likes This