OWB mag pouch
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear >

OWB mag pouch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts

Default OWB mag pouch

I'm looking for a highly concealable OWB mag pouch. Preferably a double mag pouch but i can deal with single if necessary. I want an easy on/off capability, not a belt slide type. The nature of my day has me outside my house for 10-12 hours a day in one stretch, so obviously I use public restrooms. This is why I want the easy on/off capability. I don't want to unthread my belt multiple times a day. I've looked at the fobus and safariland paddle pouches and like the idea. But I was hoping to get some first hand experiences? Anybody use these type of mag pouches? Or any other brands somebody recommends? Like I said, it has to be easy on/off, and be easily concealable under a loose t-shirt. This will be for a Glock 23 if that matters.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #2

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I have magazine pouches and holsters with steel clips to hold them on my belt. They are very difficult to hook on a belt without threading them. People say they can just snatch a gun off someones belt that is held with a steel clip. I think there is an idiot born everyday. I go horseback & 4 wheeler riding with a nylon holster with a steel clip. Limbs hit it all the time. Mules will try to rub you off on a tree. I have never dropped a gun. The magazine pouch itself is not a hinderance in the bathroom. Maybe a cheapo magazine pouch with a plastic clip is the answer.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #3

I'm not sure what your point is? I have holsters with steel clips that I can easily pull off my belt without threading my belt through them. I'm just looking for recommendations. I was interested in a Fobus paddle holster but cant find one for my glock mags

Old 09-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I favor the blade tech model, I have the double mag with the tek lock attachment .

http://shop.blade-tech.com/double-pouch-c-38_54_55.html#.UiSznPXD8uo

Old 09-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I favor the blade tech model, I have the double mag with the tek lock attachment .

Old 09-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpie

Is it pretty concealable? What is tek-lok?

Old 09-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okieboy View Post
Is it pretty concealable? What is tek-lok?
I find it very concealable , tek lok is how it latches to your belt. Almost like an locking clip on however it easily removable. They also offer an j hook attachment but I prefer the tek lok for the double mag pouch. With this you wouldn't need to remove your belt to uninstall or reinstall your gear.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #8

I actually spent an hour chatting with a brownells support staff yesterday and after working it down I ordered a Blackhawks CQC mag holder. If I like it ill order a second one. For $17 it's worth a shot.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okieboy View Post
I actually spent an hour chatting with a brownells support staff yesterday and after working it down I ordered a Blackhawks CQC mag holder. If I like it ill order a second one. For $17 it's worth a shot.
Ok cool. Hopefully it fits the bill