OWB holster
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > OWB holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default OWB holster

I'm looking for a holster, to wear while I'm hiking, for my Kimber Pro Carry II. I don't want a cheap one but I also don't want to spend too much. I came across an Uncle Mikes side kick ambi holster and I was wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions on this holster. They also have a sizing chart I the back on holster sizes for both large and medium autos. My kimber would fall into the medium auto category, correct?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #2

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I just picked up a Galco speed paddle, almost wished I got one with a thumb break. I have a Kimber ultra CDP

image-807003392.jpg

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #3

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buskowski
I'm looking for a holster, to wear while I'm hiking, for my Kimber Pro Carry II. I don't want a cheap one but I also don't want to spend too much. I came across an Uncle Mikes side kick ambi holster and I was wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions on this holster. They also have a sizing chart I the back on holster sizes for both large and medium autos. My kimber would fall into the medium auto category, correct?
Personally I would want something made specifically for the model gun if I was planning to go off road with a holstered firearm. A one size fits all may not provide enough retention or protection. DeSantis, Fobus and Galco sell some decent priducts. You may also consider a military style holster with a full retention cover flap.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

Personally I would want something made specifically for the model gun if I was planning to go off road with a holstered firearm. A one size fits all may not provide enough retention or protection. DeSantis, Fobus and Galco sell some decent priducts. You may also consider a military style holster with a full retention cover flap.
I see, that does make sense. Guess ill just cough up a little extra cash and get one that's tailored to my gun. Thank you for the advice.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #5

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I occasionally carry a Taurus Judge when doing tractor work, in the woods, working in dusty, outdoor environments, and I use the Blackhawk! Serpa holster. It has excellent retention and is of a kydex/carbon fiber type construction, pretty much impervious to the elements, and when I'm done I just wipe the dust, perspiration, debris, etc. off of it and it's good to go.

They come in gun-specific models, and though I'm not familiar with the Kimber Pro Carry II, their website does indicate availability for 1911 clones, so yours might just fit. I'm sure they could answer any of your questions with a phone call.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SERPA-CQC-wCarbon-Fiber-Finish,1144,1410.htm

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 03-19-2013, 04:20 AM   #6

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I got my dad a Serpa for his judge. Works great for yard work if rattlers are a concern. I think I paid $30 for it a couple of years ago.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #7

Liked 2027 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 1350

I have a Blackhawk Serpa for my 1911. It is not very expensive. Retention is great. Water wont hurt it.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.