Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Opinions on Condor Tactical Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/opinions-condor-tactical-gear-96652/)

sippindrank 09-06-2013 03:23 PM

Opinions on Condor Tactical Gear

I've heard everything from Condor is ****, go with BLACKHAWK or VooDoo to Condor makes a great product and gives those higher end companies a run for their money...I'd like to hear your opinions

Argyle_Armoring 09-06-2013 03:30 PM

I've been using a Condor backpack for all my range gear for over a year now and it's held up just fine. A few hundred rounds are in it at all times and there are zero flaws with it.

num1dude13 09-11-2013 03:37 PM

I've been using the cheap $20 drop leg holster they make for quite awhile now and it keeps on working. Saved about 70 dollars next to the cheapest blackhawk drop leg setup. Sometimes you really are just paying for the name.

Mosin 09-11-2013 07:31 PM

IMHO, the material used is generally the same, imported by the same textile company. Unless its some proprietary high end super magic material they're trying to sell. Most stuff is just some type of nylon, get your hands on the item you like and look at the stitching, that's where the end product holds up. Are the Velcro tabs stitched with one stitch only? Are the seams triple stitched? I've had cheap products last forever because the stitching was really good.

60mg 09-15-2013 03:44 PM

Some gear is better thought through than another. Their quick release plate carrier is decent and fits standard plates. It also works and holds on together fine under conditions I'm using it (which is most of the cases to my observation) but although their holster is durable enough it's also very cumbersome and has no other purpose other than just hold the gun securely. I can't draw fast out of it if my life depends on it. Other stuff they do is kinda the same way.

num1dude13 09-16-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 60mg (Post 1372760)
Some gear is better thought through than another. Their quick release plate carrier is decent and fits standard plates. It also works and holds on together fine under conditions I'm using it (which is most of the cases to my observation) but although their holster is durable enough it's also very cumbersome and has no other purpose other than just hold the gun securely. I can't draw fast out of it if my life depends on it. Other stuff they do is kinda the same way.

I couldn't disagree more. And don't all holsters just hold the firearm? I can draw just as fast from my condor as my kydex setups.....I am however admittedly not that fast.

60mg 09-16-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by num1dude13

I couldn't disagree more. And don't all holsters just hold the firearm? I can draw just as fast from my condor as my kydex setups.....I am however admittedly not that fast.

I guess it's just a point of preference. I can't draw from it as quickly as from either my Serpa or Safariland. Though you can somewhat compare Condor to Safariland going by retention system (loop over) in Safariland case it takes me a second to flip it over while with condor unit I actually have to battle a button and two Velcro flaps. Not the same thing. Plus Safariland also has internal adjustable retention for cases when you run and your loop is off (for whatever reason, though it shouldn't). In any case, Condor gives a great basic setup that is durable and provides safe and secure storage for a side arm at a fraction of the cost of Safariland I have now but I wouldn't have it on me. It's just my opinion. Nothing else. :)

num1dude13 09-17-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 60mg (Post 1373747)

I guess it's just a point of preference. I can't draw from it as quickly as from either my Serpa or Safariland. Though you can somewhat compare Condor to Safariland going by retention system (loop over) in Safariland case it takes me a second to flip it over while with condor unit I actually have to battle a button and two Velcro flaps. Not the same thing. Plus Safariland also has internal adjustable retention for cases when you run and your loop is off (for whatever reason, though it shouldn't). In any case, Condor gives a great basic setup that is durable and provides safe and secure storage for a side arm at a fraction of the cost of Safariland I have now but I wouldn't have it on me. It's just my opinion. Nothing else. :)

Totally respect your opinion. I honestly am no expert on the subject. I am however a cheap spender when it comes to some equipment. Would I take this setup if I were Leo or the like..... probably not, but it works well for my occasional weekend warrior screwing around and that's all I care about.