New self loading holster
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > New self loading holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New self loading holster

Hey guys,

A friend of mine is currently working on a project for a self-loading holster. It reduces draw to fire time to under half a second, loaded or unloaded, and it's incredibly safe.

It has to be customized to each gun type, right now the model is made for a glock 17/22.

What do you guys think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2009, 02:33 AM   #2

That is neat, and I'm sure it took some real talent to build it, but I think I'd rather just keep one in the chamber. That's just too much to think about.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #3

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Well, you have to give him credit for trying, that's for sure, but while he is jacking around with that new toy, the guy carrying his 1911 condition 1 is going to have pulled, and shot him numerous times.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:46 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
Hey guys,

What do you guys think?
Welcome to the forum. I think anyone that's uncomfortable carrying a loaded gun should think long and hard about why he carries in the first place. BTW, there is an "Introductions" section for new members to introduce themselves to the rest of the forum. You should visit it!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 08-18-2009, 02:21 AM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

You have a good point there for sure. I also noticed it was made for glocks-YUK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W. C. Quantrill View Post
Well, you have to give him credit for trying, that's for sure, but while he is jacking around with that new toy, the guy carrying his 1911 condition 1 is going to have pulled, and shot him numerous times.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 08-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #6

Great ingenuity, but appears to have been designed to circumvent the whole keep your finger off the trigger rule, regardless of weapon type.

If you need to carry in condition three for some odd reason, drawing and chambering drills have been addressed by the Isrealis to a fair extent.

Stalkingbear- I'd buy three of them. One for you, one for Cane and one for JD. Just so you guys wouldn't be scared to carry a Glock anymore.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 08-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #7

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

LMAO jeepcreep!

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 08-18-2009, 04:49 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2717 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 224

#1. If the gun is not safe to carry with a round in the chamber, it is not safe to carry.
#2. The loading sequence runs counter to the acceptable (release the slide) method. Riding the slide in this manner is a recipe for a malfunction.
#3. Holsters with a trigger finger actuated button have been shown to be involved in many ND's. If the trigger finger is pressing inwards as the gun is drawn, it will likely slide into the trigger guard when the guard is exposed.
#4. Three different buttons to push, press down on the gun, pull up on the gun, draw gun from holster. You are already dead.

There was a holster with a similar concept in the 70's for 1911's. Slow, cumbersome, unreliable. FAIL!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 08-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #9

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 17

The holster will probably find favor with some eastern police departments where they barney carry. Out here where I roam, most everyone carries a 1911 and carries it C1. We dont carry with the intent of shooting anyone, but we do carry to prevent someone else from shooting us. Those moments of sheer terror usually come as a surprise. Carrying anything other than C1, is a sign of someone looking to get hurt. Better not to carry than not carry C1.

One thing I noticed about that holster was that it was horrendously noisy. clik clak. That would have gotten me killed several times. Silence and stealth are usually your friend. IWB and shoulder holsters are pretty common. Badge carriers lean strongly to tooled leather. It is really hard to beat a good horsehide holster. But you have to give the guy credit, he put a lot of work into it. He should go to work doing something more productive than law enforcement it looks like. He probably could have a future as a designer with a company.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
#1. If the gun is not safe to carry with a round in the chamber, it is not safe to carry.
#2. The loading sequence runs counter to the acceptable (release the slide) method. Riding the slide in this manner is a recipe for a malfunction.
#3. Holsters with a trigger finger actuated button have been shown to be involved in many ND's. If the trigger finger is pressing inwards as the gun is drawn, it will likely slide into the trigger guard when the guard is exposed.
#4. Three different buttons to push, press down on the gun, pull up on the gun, draw gun from holster. You are already dead.

There was a holster with a similar concept in the 70's for 1911's. Slow, cumbersome, unreliable. FAIL!
#2. Been tested and is still in the process of being tested by local police force and so far no problems or complaints. I guess you'd have to try it to believe it.

#3. When the finger slides off of the button, it goes on the breach block...also, the button is further out from the other types so that the trigger zone is already out of the holster but your finger is still on the part of the holster (straight out, I might add). So in short, when you release the gun your index finger is not on the trigger reducing the threat of accidents.

#4. It resembles natural grip, so when you grip the gun, you're pressing the buttons. It doesn't involve you doing anything unnatural, so there's no extra steps to do that may be forgotten under stress.