Need IWB holster for summer

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Need IWB holster for summer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default Need IWB holster for summer

My CCW is a fullsize 1911A1, in the cold months like now my Carhartt coats covers it well but ive been thinking about what to do when spring and summer arrives. Ive been looking at the crossbreed supertuck holsters and have heard good things about them. I trust alot of you guys opinions, so what do you think? Less printing and as less bulging as possible is what im looking for.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #2

The supertuck is nice. I can carry a full size Glock at 4 o'clock with minimal printing. Look on eBay there are People that make these bolsters for cheaper

Old 01-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've heard nothing, but excellent reviews/comments about the Crossbreed Supertuck. I do not carry IWB, but if I did the Supertuck is definately what I would carry my 1911 in that's for sure.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 01-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This is the same thing that happened to me when I moved to Florida after living up North. I found that Milt Sparks has the best solutions for iwb carry in warm climates (or anywhere else). Check out the "summer special" model and a few others. They really fit the gun well, they don't mysteriously drop the safety as some others do and blend in well so you look like everyone else carrying a cell phone at worst. Holsters are a personal thing - I have a huge box of them that I've acquired over the years but Sparks has been the best for me. You're mileage may vary.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sorry, just re-read your post and missed the "full size". These days I carry a 3 inch Kimber UC2 iwb. Full size for open carry.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #6

Likes Given: 1

Try these guys: http://www.highnoonholsters.com/index.html

I have 2 of theirs. One owb belt holster and one iwb clip style. The owb has their "Slide guard" feature that puts a flap of leather between you and the slide, hammer, beavertail area. makes a HUGE difference in comfort. I just wish I had gotten both like that. They have a pretty informative site.

" Rule Number Two"