Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > neck holsters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

you'll blow ur ear drums out!

Old 11-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #12

image-118659535.jpg

stayed w 22 but total different gun

Old 11-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1103 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 632

it looks as though you could move the rope so that it is sideways anot right at your head. i still dont like it and would advise against it!. there are better, safer choices.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #14

since i went w a totally different gun i went w a hip holster i feel much much better with

Old 11-03-2012, 01:18 AM   #15
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1742 Times on 947 Posts
Likes Given: 547

If that is a Taurus PT22, do not shoot any hyper velocity in it like Stingers and only load 8 in the mag. You wont gain anything and it will wreck the pistol. Voids the warranty too. Use Mini Mag 40 grain solids or other top quality 40 grain solids. Hollow points wont expand anyway and you need all the penetration you can get. You are only going to get about 850 fps. Mine lasted 19 years before it broke and Taurus replaced it. One of the two good ones I had.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 11-03-2012, 01:56 AM   #16

it is and my very first gun ever so thanks for yhe advice. im going to try to put some range time in this wkend

Old 11-03-2012, 02:06 AM   #17
Camo, you are lucky to see it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1704 Times on 943 Posts
Likes Given: 5195

May I, at this time, offer a contrasting opinion. (of course I can, and better than most )

Chamber empty, hammer down, hammer retained with holster strap look darn safe to me.

Any firearm that is larger or heavier........ WHY?

neck-holster.jpeg  

Old 11-03-2012, 02:48 AM   #18

Liked 4566 Times on 2209 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeverlyAnnB View Post
anyone use one for a mini revolver? would any trust a loaded gun pointed at their head? and Jog with it!!!! These all sound quite stupid questions I agree. its my first gun ever and mainly for protection at homw w my kids and trail jogging. this neck holster was advicedcby a few people but seems plain dumb
Bev

After 17 years of daily CCW I can honestly say I'd never considered this...HOWEVER, unlike most responses here, I find no problem with idea depending on what gun you intend to carry.

If we are talking about a DA Only or SA/DA Carried in DA MODE, then I see no problem with it.

Many of the detractors here carry DA guns in pocket holster pointing at there Femoral Arteries or there JUNK without a second thought so I'm a little confused by the negative feedback?

Personally, were I a woman wanting to carry while jogging or around the house with the kids, I would look for something exactly like his. Preferably one that could be clipped underneath a brazier, between the cleavage.

Having the grip down and muzzle up would allow you to draw by reaching up your short rather than trying to get a hand down the neckline...

Seems to make perfect sence to me and again, as long as your packing in DA mode and the holster completely covers the trigger, I see no issue.

Good luck

Tack
Old 11-03-2012, 02:58 AM   #19

Likes Given: 8

I own the NAA Mini, and I advise every NAA Mini owner to read their manual.

There is a safety mechanism for carrying the mini's cylinder fully chambered that is explained in the manual that came with your NAA. The mini revolver may be carried with all five charge holes loaded and the hammer resting on the safety notch in between the loaded chambers.

With the hamer resting on the safety notch, your mini should look like the picture below:

It is impossible for an accidental discharge when the Mini is like this, safe enough even for a necklace that points the barrel of your NAA straight up your chin.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:22 AM   #20
hmh

Liked 140 Times on 96 Posts

I cannot handle a firearm that I know for a fact is unloaded ( just reassembled or flashlight check) pointed at me.