You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear >

MOLLE Holsters on plate carriers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2016, 03:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default MOLLE Holsters on plate carriers

I currently carry an IMI Active retention holster connected to the MOLLE on my plate carrier. I keep mine right on the chest. What are y'all's opinions on MOLLE attachment holsters, and placement of said holsters?

EDIT: feel free to post pictures of your plate carrier load outs with explanations of why things are placed where they are.ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1462588946.156051.jpg

EDIT #2: My current carrier with the aforementioned holster on chest. Being on a tight budget, I have to still add a few more mag pouches right now. But it's pretty simplistic. I keep the pistol and magazines, and a knife. Don't really need more than that right now.

Last edited by grassfedarmory; 05-07-2016 at 02:43 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-05-2016, 03:54 PM   #2

Liked 3548 Times on 2078 Posts
Likes Given: 904

I don't wear plate carriers on a daily basis. When deployed (Before my shift over to the submarine community, and before 9/11 and following higher speed and lower drag gear.) I had an old school LBE vest that held my M9 on the lower left and horizontal mag pouches on the right. Worked well for access, as long as I didn't have to go prone. Up on the chest would be better for access from prone if cover options are limited and you have to get down low.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:28 PM   #3

Liked 156 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 158

On my plate carrier I have a shotgun shell/utility pouch on the upper right, 3 pistol mag holders on upper left, a detachable pistol holster on lower left and 3 m4 mag pouches on lower right. And two utility pouches one on lower left side and one on lower right side and that's my set up.

FL is the only state where you can buy any gun you want, but you can't shoot them.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:03 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
I don't wear plate carriers on a daily basis. When deployed (Before my shift over to the submarine community, and before 9/11 and following higher speed and lower drag gear.) I had an old school LBE vest that held my M9 on the lower left and horizontal mag pouches on the right. Worked well for access, as long as I didn't have to go prone. Up on the chest would be better for access from prone if cover options are limited and you have to get down low.

Drawing from the lower left of the vest is a significantly more natural draw, if you ask me. But as you pointed out, it does tend to get in the way if you go prone. After a bit of getting used to the new draw it's like second nature now.