Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Molded holster for M9A1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 02:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Molded holster for M9A1

Hi guys,

Im over here in a more proper forum seeking help. Ive decided on buying an M9A1 for concealed carry and range fun. I know, its bulky and unethical almost, but Im going to make it work.

My problem is finding a good injection molded holster for it... I have found a good IWB holster, but I want a good injection molded holster. Any suggestions?

Also, if you know of a good IWB holster for the 90two I would appreciate the help! Thanks.

Best Regards,

Cason Farmer

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-19-2009, 05:27 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Fellow Okie David Elderton's company "Kytac" makes a very good holster. You can check his stuff out at http://www.kytac.com. He makes belt, IWB, and pocket holsters in molded kydex for revolvers and autos. They are quality products with features like polished edges and tension screws instead of rivets.

Another excellent choice would be a Blackhawk SERPA CQC Holster, like the one shown below. I have this holster for a Glock, and can recommend it highly. I was a skeptic about the SERPA retention device until the first time I tried it. It is very intuitive and works well.

Good luck with your search.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Last edited by Bighead; 01-19-2009 at 05:45 AM.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:46 AM   #3

I have a DeSantis holster for my 90two and it fits great, also it is very comfortable to wear. The Blackhawk SERPA will not work with the 90two and I’m assuming that it will not work with the M9A1 either due to the accessory rails. I have not been able to find a plastic holster that I liked for these guns. Maybe in time Blackhawk will make a SERPA holster.

Last edited by bajastx; 02-11-2009 at 12:49 AM.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:56 PM   #4

I have a few different holsters. The Serpa I like on my body armor, the push release is awasome and retention is just fine, now when you carry it on your belt, whole new story. It sucks, the way it attaches to your belt it will have play between your hip and the gun. When you walk it will rise up and down every time you take a step and slam against your side, very annoying and very visible when you trying to conceal it under a shirt. It will also stick out, unless you like shirts that hang doen to your knees, it will not work because the barrel will stick out from under your shirt. I have one from Uncle sam, Kydex, same exact problem, only it retains by pressure caused by the tension screw and rubber bushing. Safariland, have one to, it is fine for tactical application, very durable, you can nock someone out with it, crush their scull and then put it back on and it will work just fine. They make a belt attaching platform, same problem as the other ones, it will stick out a lot. I have safariland leh holster in tan color with molly attaching plate for your body armor for sale , brand new if you interested. It is I would say the best along with serpa holster available for the price. The best concealed holster for every day carry would be a Galco leather holster. They sit high on your hip which is good because of the 4.9 inch long barrel and extremely long slide. They are not plastic but the leather is extrmely hard and once you breake it in, it works likea charm, also it has thumb-break release. they make some that do not have releases, the stiff leather is shaped and keps shape so when you reholster your weapon it is easy and you never miss because the holster collapsed after you presented your weapon. That is just my opinion, I am sure there is plenty other ideas outhere I have not tryed and maybe would like. Good luck.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:58 PM   #5

I have 2 serpa holster that fit my M9A1, 92 series is the same exact frame is it not just civilian model, right? Try Diamondback website, they have them all.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:07 AM   #6

Liked 10 Times on 3 Posts

i've been looking for one to. that accesory rail tends to be a deal breaker when it comes to holsters and its even worse if you want an accesory on your accesory rail.
thats why i think ill just get a smaller gun and keep th m9a1 for range fun.
keep me updated on what you find though

a split second of man made perfection dialogue, speed, and direction.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #7

Unless the M9A1 has changed in the past couple of years it is not the “exact” same frame as the 92. Shown below is both the M9A1,not to be confused with the M9, and the 92.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #8

ok OO GreatOne, it fits the same holster.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:35 AM   #9

Since the 92 is similar to the 96, I have to assume the 92A1 is similar to my 96A1... and with that said. The Blackhawk Serpa holsters will NOT fit the 92A1.

Here is a picture I made for a previous thread when I made my very same search.

The sharp edges of the rail along the bottom keep the sidearm from seating in the holster.
In yellow is the standard 96 (same frame as the 92).

Last edited by Malice; 07-02-2011 at 02:43 AM.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:45 AM   #10

I personally prefer a Cordura holster, as they are more accepting than molded ones.. I have never been a fan of the molded ones, that is more of tacticool in my book..