mo-bar
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > mo-bar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sorry, had the name wrong in the title. Are mo-rod products worth what they want you to pay for em? Considerably higher than anything else I've seen online.

www.mo-rod.com

Last edited by jimogden1984; 03-02-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Actually, I think they are very reasonably priced. Are you saying that they are higher than Accu-strut and Har-bar? That's new, they were the lowest priced ones when I bought mine. I've had one on my Mini-14 since they started making them and I think it works perfectly. It especially ends the gun's tendency to start stringing the shots out when it warms up after a few rounds.

The folks at Mo-Rod are 1st Class and the shipping is very fast. Mine arrived within just a couple of days. They stand behind their products 100%, if you have any problems, just contact them for a fast resolution.

Last edited by Snakedriver; 03-02-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

185 for a muzzle break and barrel stabilizer seemed like a lot to me. I'm by no means an expert and not saying its not high quality, the muzzle break alone is almost $100 where most of the one I see else where are less than half that. I'm just tryin to do some research before I go and spend the money. If its pretty much the same as the one on brownell.com for the mini 30 I might as well go that route and spend the extra on ammo.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984 View Post
185 for a muzzle break and barrel stabilizer seemed like a lot to me. I'm by no means an expert and not saying its not high quality, the muzzle break alone is almost $100 where most of the one I see else where are less than half that. I'm just tryin to do some research before I go and spend the money. If its pretty much the same as the one on brownell.com for the mini 30 I might as well go that route and spend the extra on ammo.
I gotch'a! I was only thinking of the Mo-Rod's cost at under $100. The Mo-Reaper that is the combination muzzle brake and front sight is really nice too. I'm not really sure that anyone else has the same thing on the market as the Reaper. The bead sight feature of the Reaper will improve your sight picture greatly. They're such great folks at Mo-Rod, I'm just a sucker for their products. Kelly of Mo-Rod (aka KMO) is a member here FTF and is usually Johnnny-on-the-spot with answers.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I really liked the product, I just don't know if I can afford it...or already not both. Of the 2 which would probably help more?

Old 03-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984 View Post
I really liked the product, I just don't know if I can afford it...or already not both. Of the 2 which would probably help more?
I say the Mo-Rod is a must. The Reaper is an extra that can always be added on later. I'm just using the Mo-Rod with a pin on M-14 style flash hider and the factory front sight on my old 183-series Mini right now that all works well together.

Last edited by Snakedriver; 03-02-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ok, ill check into that. Ill probably start out with a flash hider I can afford now and then get the mo-bar. Their flash hider is pretty sharp lookin and it might be something I save up for