Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Low Priced Hi-Point Guns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/low-priced-hi-point-guns-59227/)

Ranger-6 03-02-2012 04:44 AM

Low Priced Hi-Point Guns

Gunbroker.com has a lot of Hi-Point guns at a lower price...

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=Hi+Point

pipeman525 03-09-2012 07:22 AM

I have found that with High-Point you get what you pay for. A few years ago I was looking for an inexpensive 9mm. A local shop ad High Points and I was not impressed. I spent a little more and bought a Ruger p-95 for about $350 out the door. I love that pistol and it was not too expensive.

gaspump86 05-14-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipeman525
I have found that with High-Point you get what you pay for. A few years ago I was looking for an inexpensive 9mm. A local shop ad High Points and I was not impressed. I spent a little more and bought a Ruger p-95 for about $350 out the door. I love that pistol and it was not too expensive.

But if all you have is hi point money???? Your doing better than the Guy that has no firearm! Some people simply can not afford $350. That is why hi point is successful... they have a lifetime no questions warranty, and they are reasonably reliable and accurate ....the carbines are a different story... they are AWESOME!

c3shooter 05-14-2012 11:35 AM

Back to the original post- I DO shop on Gunbroker and AuctionArms- HOWEVER- if it is your first time buying a gun on line- In addition to the purchase price, you will have (a) SHIPPING costs- to send it to your dealer, and (b) FFL charges to receive and transfer the gun to you.

Charges by a FFL can be all over the board, from $10 to $150, depending on where you libe. Shipping for a handgun usually runs about $25, BUT- for a non-FFL, that jumps to about $70.

Just be sure to compare the ENTIRE price when you are comparing on-line sale to LGS.

pipeman525 05-14-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaspump86 (Post 800808)
But if all you have is hi point money???? Your doing better than the Guy that has no firearm! Some people simply can not afford $350. That is why hi point is successful... they have a lifetime no questions warranty, and they are reasonably reliable and accurate ....the carbines are a different story... they are AWESOME!

While I understand that cost is a factor to some people, when it comes to home defene reliability is most important to me. If a gun jams or malfunctions at the range that's one thing. If some gang punk just broke down your door reliability is everything. I would suggest going to a pawn shop that sells guns and getting a reliable gun at a cheaper price.

lilrichthedragon 05-16-2012 01:50 AM

I had a hi point 45 as my first pistol the con was it double and triple fired. never really jammed but the gun did go off one time when I had the safety on. the pro about the gun which is what I felt was its biggest advantage was a heavy slide which made it deadly accurate I mean I took a a cottonmouths head off from about 20 ft away but at the same time that's what I believe made the gun malfunction

gaspump86 05-16-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipeman525

While I understand that cost is a factor to some people, when it comes to home defene reliability is most important to me. If a gun jams or malfunctions at the range that's one thing. If some gang punk just broke down your door reliability is everything. I would suggest going to a pawn shop that sells guns and getting a reliable gun at a cheaper price.

I have read reviews of $500 guns jamming....js

unclebear 05-16-2012 02:56 AM

I like hi points, me being a guy with little money they're not all that bad. My uncle has one in 9mm with the fancy back sight, between me and him we've put at least 700 rounds through it haven't had major issues that couldn't be fixed mostly ammo.

If you have the money I would go with something better if you have more money, but if your broke like me then it's a good gun for the money.

lilrichthedragon 05-16-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclebear
I like hi points, me being a guy with little money they're not all that bad. My uncle has one in 9mm with the fancy back sight, between me and him we've put at least 700 rounds through it haven't had major issues that couldn't be fixed mostly ammo.

If you have the money I would go with something better if you have more money, but if your broke like me then it's a good gun for the money.

my neighbor has one and he's never had any trouble outta his either

loctite44144 05-17-2012 03:23 PM

I have one too. Mine is the c9 I have over 2000 rounds thew it with no problem it has been a good gun that are perfect for a first gun