Looking for a weapon light
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Looking for a weapon light

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 05:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for a weapon light

So as the title suggests I am in the neighborhood for a weapon light for my recently purchased Sig Sauer SP2022. I'm looking for something inexpensive yet reliable. I'm hoping to get a lot of suggestions so I can get a bigger pool to choose from once the time comes. Thanks in advance everyone!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-10-2011, 01:02 AM   #2

Default yea

i would so with the Stream light tlr1s or insight m3x both great, cheap, inexpensive pistol lights (sell between 90-120 for both) mounting system for both are superb i would go with the insight m3x for quicker detacthment though the tlr1s have a screw type spring retention which is great for retention or a holster fitted for pistol lights but if you need it on in a pinch go with the insight!! hope this helped!
semper fi

Old 08-10-2011, 03:34 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I went with a tlr3 on my Ruger sr9c

forumrunner_20110809_223316.jpg   forumrunner_20110809_223358.jpg  

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 08-10-2011, 04:44 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The Streamlight TLR- series and apparently the Insight lights are really the best options. Expect any of them to cost around $100. I had a TLR-1 for a while before selling it (sold all my guns onto which it could actually mount), and it was very bright and the ergonomics were excellent.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #5

It's important that you choose the right light. For me the light must be water resistant, 180 lumens plus, long battery life. I personally have a Streamlight TLR 1 & 3 I love them both. Great price and awesome value.. http://bit.ly/pEK2qk