Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Looking for ideas on fast strap on system for home burglary situations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for ideas on fast strap on system for home burglary situations

I am looking for something I can keep by the bed with my pistol, small flashlight, flex cuffs, etc in so I can be hands free in a pinch.

I need something that will wear over shorts and a tshirt and clip on in 5 seconds. Example situation is my parimeter alarms go off while sleeping, I need to have some minor tactical gear on my person, hands free, out the door in 10-15 seconds, and able to run easily with the equipment on to apprehend a suspect and arrest them.

I do not want to be in a position where I have someone at gun point but cannot holster my weapon to cuff them. Or for that matter run with a gun in my hand and not really even need it. I would prefer to tackle and arrest rather than shoot but I need it on me.

I was thinking about a nylon belt with leg strap but do not want anything over the top, just the basics. Light weight, cheap, and limited...

Last edited by fastline; 01-30-2011 at 02:42 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2011, 01:49 AM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1660 Times on 905 Posts
Likes Given: 529

So the guy takes off running and you take off after him. Meanwhile his accomplice is inside robbing you blind. Worse his accomplice ambushes you. Dont chase down anyone. You are not the police, he was fleeing and no longer a threat. You are likely to end up in jail or shot.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:38 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8314 Times on 3594 Posts
Likes Given: 1275

Fastline- I really DO try not to lecture to people other than my grandkids and paying customers- but I would seriously invite you to examine your tactics- is that REALLY what you want to do? I mean are you REALLY sure?

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:36 AM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

"OUT THE DOOR"? I think,and this is just me,that I really wouldn't want a dead guy on my lawn with my rounds in 'em. Even worse, a live wounded guy that in the not too distant future will be lawyered up, and swearing to God, that he was walking down the road,minding his own business, not at all intending to kill you and rape your wife,when this crazed guy came flying out of his house,right after dreaming about Pamela Anderson, gunz a blazing. See how this might turn out? But, I guess if I had to have something ready, it would be some sort of tact vest. Be sure to have a GOOD lawyers business card in one of the pockets.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Last edited by HKSlinger; 01-30-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:47 AM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

_iceurlflag-1.jpeg  

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 01-30-2011, 05:03 AM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default Strap on

I know a couple ladies who have strap-ons but thats as far as I will go with that.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:11 AM   #7

Seriously? This is EXTREMELY mall ninja. You don't arrest people. You either shoot to kill if they are coming at you, or you let them run out the door. That's it.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #8

LOL. Sorry, I did not know this would create so much fuss.

Situation is that I have equipment outside and I have learned from experience that if the people are not detained, they are never caught and return once again to inflict losses. I want them caught so they can visit the pokey. In most cases here, I probably would not even need a gun but when I chase them, I need to be able to detain.

I am sorry if it seems over the top but it is MY property and they are trying to steal it. I fail to see why I should roll over.

Someone mentioned a tactical vest and that actually sounds like a great idea. that might wear and travel better. I have never found a belt that gives me good range of motion.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Its property. Lock it up good enough so it doesn't look like its worth the effort to mess with. Remember,most thieves are lazy,or they'd work for there money. Maybe look into motion lights,or a great big, 'Whoosa good boy' with big teeth.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Last edited by HKSlinger; 01-30-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #10

the Rot is "on order". I already have a well trained Goldy but i am afraid the "serve and protect" skills came missing in the package and I could not get a refund. My Rotty will be in the house with me most likely.