Looking for a good Laser for a Rifle - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Looking for a good Laser for a Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 03:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

unfortunetly that would actually make sense... this one does not... all three adjust it... there is no Lock screw. The 3 screws make a eqaullateral triangle around the laser head. each one goes though the body of the houseing and into the laser module, each is surrounded buy a sping that pushes the laser off of the housing, so as you tighten one the laser moves away from that screw, as you loosen it, the laser moves toward it... I'm telling you the one I have it a total piece of junk. And the seller sucks too, wouldnt help me or let me return it. So now im disputing the charges with my CC.

Thats why im here looking for a better alternitive.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #12

Default 2nd one is OK

I wanted to let you guys know how the 2nd laser performed.

I mounted it on my rifle, and this laser too has an odd adjustment system. There is a rubber buffer between the housing and the laser module that runs between the 2 for aprox. 135 degrees. Then on the opposite side of the housing there are 2 screws also 135 degrees apart that when tightened push in on the laser module and in turn against the rubber buffer. So there is no X and Y, but I was able to fairly quickly adjust the laser in. And in a big step up from my first laser the adjustments actually change where the laser points!

Also while mounting I found a flaw with one of the switches. This laser comes with 2 switches. One is the standard tactical pressure switch with a curly cord. I don’t like these because you have to stick them on the gun. The other is a push button (quick on) or a screw on (always on) setup. Since I don’t use it all the time, I prefer this setup, but when you unscrew this switch to turn the light off the cap does not have enough tension to stay in place. It feels like it will rattle off pretty easily. I was able to fix this by adding a rubber O ring on the threads. Now the screw cap needs to be screwed on pretty tight to active the laser in its always on state, but it won’t just fall off. I don’t know how it will hold up long term, but it works for now.

In the field the laser worked ok. I sighted it at 25 yards and was able to see it just fine in broad daylight. I centered it on my scope which shot perfect all day long. After just a few shots the laser was off by a 1-2 inches at 25 yards. I didn’t take too many shots, so I don’t know how bad this problem will be in the long term, but it will not hold a perfect zero. I re-centered the laser on my scope again and shot 4 more shots. It lost its zero again. If after several hundred shots it is still only 1-2 inches at 25 yards then I would still find it useful.

I don’t have a ton of experience with lasers, so I don’t know if the zero issue is common or not.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:08 AM   #13

try j&g sales in prescott az. good green laser,good"green"price.fits,works perfecton my ar15
lobo

Old 02-13-2009, 01:20 AM   #14

I do not believe in lasers or red dot sights for defensive weapons. Too complicated. They can fail or the battery can die just when you need it to work.

Get a good set of tritium dot sights. They will last forever and will take a lickin and keep on tickin. Good in low light. And you do not have the laser giving your position away.

http://www.calssportingarmory.com/Trijicon_CP25_Colt_AR15_M16_Tritium_Sight_Set_p/trcp25.htm

Save your red dots or lasers for fooling around at the range.

Last edited by biff44; 02-13-2009 at 01:23 AM.