Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Looking for a conceal holster for my SR9c, and a regular holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 03:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Looking for a conceal holster for my SR9c, and a regular holster

well now that i have my ruger, im working on getting my CWP, will be taking the class in mid october at the gun show. I need a holster now. after some research, i like the kholster, supertuck deluxe, and split decision. I just need some advice since these arent the cheapest things, and im just a poor college student.
Im 5'11" and 180lbs. I sweat a lot when im walking outside. any help would be great.

also a good holster for just open carry, like in woods or something. nothing fancy

thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-15-2010, 03:31 AM   #2

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

This is the one I plan to buy in about a week. It's a Mitch Rosen holster, so the quality will be excellent.

Link: SR9-SR9c-Mitch-Rosen-Holster-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

I believe it's the same as the 5JR which costs a bunch more.

Link: Rosen Product Line

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 09-15-2010 at 05:39 AM.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:33 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

having the gun touching the skin would be ok? even in high sweat conditions?

Old 09-15-2010, 05:48 AM   #4

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

No, that's not a good idea. There are holsters that have a sweat shield on the rear side for exactly that purpose. However, most are designed for inside the waistband carry. Although Don Hume's 721 OT is outside waistband and seems to have a sweat shield.

Here's a link to Gunners Alley and the Don Hume holsters they carry. This will give you a pretty good idea of some of the various configurations holsters come in and there are others as well.

BTW, if you're on a tight budget, Don Hume holsters are good quality and offer a lot of value for the money.

Link: Don Hume Holsters and Leathergoods

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 09-15-2010 at 05:59 AM.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:57 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

sweet thanks. although i am looking for an IWB holster too.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!

Liked 2068 Times on 1426 Posts
Likes Given: 433

I dont have the 9c but the Full size SR9 and the LC9...I have 2 DeSantis IWB's...one for my Smith 569 and one for the LC9..., plus the Blackhawk pocket holster for the LC. My dad used their gear for 30+ yrs. on "the Job" as a federal LEO...(Postal Police/Postal Insp.) for "open" I have an Old US Army 1911 sholder rig, a Lawman for my(colt) python, and a Blackhawk Drop-leg and the Blackhawk chest rig. Trying to Convince DW to get a Gunslinger Rig for her new Browning .22 Target....

Old 06-18-2013, 03:54 AM   #7

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts

Go to fightngear.com. Made in the US. A guy up in the Ozarks hand makes IWB, pocket holsters, open carry holsters and belts. I know the IWB holsters are $40. Not sure about the others.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Wed be happy to help you out. You can check out the facebook link in our signature and email us to order. Were running a special today so if you place your order today and mention "FIREARMS TALK" youll get 10% off!

ThinkFast...your life depends on it.

www.thinkfastholsters.com
www.facebook.com/thinkfastholsters
Instagram @thinkfastholsters

Old 06-25-2013, 01:19 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m260gt
well now that i have my ruger, im working on getting my CWP, will be taking the class in mid october at the gun show. I need a holster now. after some research, i like the kholster, supertuck deluxe, and split decision. I just need some advice since these arent the cheapest things, and im just a poor college student.
Im 5'11" and 180lbs. I sweat a lot when im walking outside. any help would be great.

also a good holster for just open carry, like in woods or something. nothing fancy

thanks!
Hey, I have to respond ! I don't care what anyone says , kholster is what you want. I have at least 50 holsters and kholster is my favorite IWB . I use about 10 different ones depends on what I carry, as far as sweat coat them with some leather honey brand leather conditioner before you sweat on it , you will not be disappointed . $35 to your door, outstanding products and customer service ! Just look it up on the web ! Thank me later !

S

Old 06-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #10

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

Sweat shield on this rig is thick enough to qualify for medieval armor - great IWB rig. It rides well even under a t-shirt in this insanely hot AZ weather. High Noon Down Under with straps. They are NOT cheap, but they should last about as long as you do, if not longer.