Looking for a comp for my 1911 - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Looking for a comp for my 1911

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig

Alright ima go buy another colt, would it work better in a 38 or a 45
Your choice. Id have to have the gun in my hands for me to make it right though.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,635
Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Your choice. Id have to have the gun in my hands for me to make it right though.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Thats fine message me a number
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig

Thats fine message me a number
Which metal would you want?

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1428 Times on 809 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Alright ima go buy another colt, would it work better in a 38 or a 45
Last time; a comp on a 1911 is as useful as teats on a boar hog, few may find them aesthetically pleasing but functionally they're worthless. (And I would hesitate to associate with those that find them aesthetically pleasing!)

If you want the comp for looks only, then why spend the money for something as expensive as the kit you posted? Put that extra cash into a better gun!

Go to eBay and get a $35 bushing mount. It will "work" just as well as the $400 barrel kit with either 45 ACP or 38 Super.
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #45
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake

Last time; a comp on a 1911 is as useful as teats on a boar hog, few may find them aesthetically pleasing but functionally they're worthless. (And I would hesitate to associate with those that find them aesthetically pleasing!)

If you want the comp for looks only, then why spend the money for something as expensive as the kit you posted? Put that extra cash into a better gun!

Go to eBay and get a $35 bushing mount. It will "work" just as well as the $400 barrel kit with either 45 ACP or 38 Super.
I totally agree cane. Im leery of makin it to be totally honest.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,635
Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake

Last time; a comp on a 1911 is as useful as teats on a boar hog, few may find them aesthetically pleasing but functionally they're worthless. (And I would hesitate to associate with those that find them aesthetically pleasing!)

If you want the comp for looks only, then why spend the money for something as expensive as the kit you posted? Put that extra cash into a better gun!

Go to eBay and get a $35 bushing mount. It will "work" just as well as the $400 barrel kit with either 45 ACP or 38 Super.
Hey man can you tell me the diffrence in a gold cup trophy and a nationalmatch gold cup...which one is better
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig

Hey man can you tell me the diffrence in a gold cup trophy and a nationalmatch gold cup...which one is better
PM him mon ami. Match is better i do believe

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,635
Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

PM him mon ami. Match is better i do believe

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Alright which one should I go with, I really like the match, but the gold cup sts is very clean, and the 80s series is a traditional model....this is a tough one. Price is not an option here I can get all of them less than $900 nib

o1980xse.jpg



forumrunner_20120302_010620.jpg



forumrunner_20120322_101441.jpg
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig

Alright which one should I go with, I really like the match, but the gold cup sts is very clean, and the 80s series is a traditional model....this is a tough one. Price is not an option here I can get all of them less than $900 nib

<img src="http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42151"/>

<img src="http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42150"/>

<img src="http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42149"/>
Which ever one fits your hand best and you like best

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for the punishers comp Ultimate_sig Gunsmithing Forum 17 02-21-2012 04:11 PM
What about the new AR comp windham Bender43718 AR-15 Discussion 10 01-21-2012 05:51 AM
XDM 9mm 5.25 comp MrWray XD Forum 5 09-10-2011 01:50 AM
WTB: Used or New Aimpoint COMP XD 10 MOA Red Dot 38super Optics & Mounts 0 10-25-2010 04:23 PM
1st IPSC comp zhuk Competition Shooting 3 08-16-2009 07:29 PM