Looking for a comp for my 1911
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Looking for a comp for my 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 02:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Default Looking for a comp for my 1911

I really want a punisher style comp for it does anyone knows of a company that makes em. I hate the drop in bushing style, very ugly.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-18-2012, 02:45 AM   #2

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig
I really want a punisher style comp for it does anyone knows of a company that makes em. I hate the drop in bushing style, very ugly.
Thats what his is. The only company that makes them is kings gun parts as i tried to tell you in the other thread.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 03-18-2012, 03:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Thats what his is. The only company that makes them is kings gun parts as i tried to tell you in the other thread.

Lmao I know I finally found it but damn its almos 400. I wonder if I can just buy the comp instead of the whole kit. it probibly wouldnt be wise though

Old 03-18-2012, 03:52 AM   #4

Quote:

Let me ask you something are you a gunsmith and if so how did you get into that

Old 03-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #5

Quote:

Let me ask you something are you a gunsmith and if so how did you get into that
Yes i am and i got into it bc one of my uncles really good friends is a smith and he saw i had an interest in guns, had the mind/skills for it so he made me his apprentice. It wasnt till bout 3 months in i found out that at one time he was in the top 15 best smiths in the US.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:06 AM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21210 Times on 12041 Posts
Likes Given: 52919

sig, i will give you some bad new about hobbies, firearms in general. it can be an expensive hobby and is only limited by your checkbook. if the kit sells for $400, then that is what you will probably end up paying. the shooting sports is a hobby, that to play, you have to pay. try building a custom hunting or target rifle and see how much it can cost. it ain't cheap. another point, quality parts usually cost more, because of better materials and better attention to construction or manufacturing methods. just the bitter truth.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
sig, i will give you some bad new about hobbies, firearms in general. it can be an expensive hobby and is only limited by your checkbook. if the kit sells for $400, then that is what you will probably end up paying. the shooting sports is a hobby, that to play, you have to pay. try building a custom hunting or target rifle and see how much it can cost. it ain't cheap. another point, quality parts usually cost more, because of better materials and better attention to construction or manufacturing methods. just the bitter truth.
Thats no joke....hell iv put about $2500 more into the warbird since i talked to you jonas. That adds up fast to come out to $6000 MY cost and bout $18000 YOUR cost to habe me build it. Its damn sure worth it though

Old 03-18-2012, 05:31 AM   #8

Quote:

Yes i am and i got into it bc one of my uncles really good friends is a smith and he saw i had an interest in guns, had the mind/skills for it so he made me his apprentice. It wasnt till bout 3 months in i found out that at one time he was in the top 15 best smiths in the US.

I really want to do this but I want to be shown by one of the best, your lucky. At least im young and gave time to learn. **** I took my 1911 apart solo n thats no easy task with no experience...only thing is I couldnt put it back together lmao. One thing ive learned is that everything eases into place and not to mussle parts or pieces

Old 03-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #9

Quote:

I really want to do this but I want to be shown by one of the best, your lucky. At least im young and gave time to learn. **** I took my 1911 apart solo n thats no easy task with no experience...only thing is I couldnt put it back together lmao. One thing ive learned is that everything eases into place and not to mussle parts or pieces
Correct on the easing pieces back together. I still dont see why you think that loud muzzle blast is a good thing. Ya it reduces recoil but other than that it does no damn good for you

Old 03-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #10

Quote:

Correct on the easing pieces back together. I still dont see why you think that loud muzzle blast is a good thing. Ya it reduces recoil but other than that it does no damn good for you

One word intemidation...lets say your a criminal and your trying to rob me, you know nothing bout gunsmithing. I pull that out...still want to rob me, and besides it looks bad@ss

Last edited by Ultimate_sig; 03-18-2012 at 05:59 AM.