Long rifle case recommendation?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Long rifle case recommendation?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Long rifle case recommendation?

I just bought my first rifle, a CZ 452 FS. It was a decent investment, so I want to protect it with a nice quality case. Hopefully it's the first of many...

Does anyone have recommendations on cases? The only brand I'm familiar with is pelican, because I use them at work for storing and transporting equipment. They're quite good, but pricey.

-----------------------------------------
sic semper tyrannis

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Not sure what the specifics are on your case needs.
I bought a soft side shotgun case from these guys.
Nice as well as inexpensive.

Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

Old 07-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #3

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Do All Outdoors Flight Proof Cape Buffalo Double Gun Case at MacksPW.com

The only con to these cases is the empty weight, (37 lbs) but they are built tough. They'll even take on the airline baggage handlers (or mishandlers in some cases). I have the smaller Patrick Flanigan breakdown model.

also a lot cheaper:http://www.shootingsupplies.com/cart/product.php?productid=6596&cat=1657&page=1

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Last edited by Car54; 07-10-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have used SKS hard cases for the past 8 years. They have been abused by airlines, UPS, and US Mail without failure. Not exactly cheap but well worth the money in my opinion.

Bill
NRA Life Member

"Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Ben Franklin

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45

"It is God’s job to judge and forgive my enemy, I only arrange the meeting." Unidentified Marine

Old 08-05-2011, 03:08 AM   #5

Liked 764 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Please don't store your rifle in the case. If you must store it in something get a cloth sock that air passes thru easily.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:49 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I personally have a case for both my AR and Ak it's made by Plano I love the case, but I only put my rifles in there when I am traveling anywhere with them

" I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees."

"A country boy can survive"