Liberty Safe - Centurion 22 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Liberty Safe - Centurion 22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 60

The holes on the bottom serve two purposes. My safe was lag-bolted to a pallet with these holes. You can also bolt the safe to your floor using the same holes, and presumably same bolts if you wish. I don't recall any documentation with my safe that required the safe to be bolted down for the fire rating to be intact, but it makes sense that the opening could cause a reduction, although by the time the safe burns throught the floor, falls over, etc. the time span for the rating would most likely have been surpassed.

I don't have my safe bolted down for the same reason as mentioned above, don't want to go through the hassle of cutting the carpet and putting holes in the floor. I'm good with that. I have been wanting to seal the bottom holes with silicone, though to prevent moisture infiltration, got to get that done.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Nice safe!! here is a very good reason to bolt your safe to the floor.

YouTube - NWSafeCo's Channel

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I just put the Centurion 30 in my garage today. Just like yours but a tick bigger.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've got the 22. I've already outgrown it...

Old 02-22-2011, 06:08 PM   #15

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Anyone have a good recommendation for pistol storage in the safe?

Old 02-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #16

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

The holes in the floor will not affect the fire rating.

I use the metal pistol racks that are plastic coated for my pistols. There are also aftermarket products that attach the backside of the door for storage.

And for insurance purposes, what you and a majority of us have are actually considered residential security containers (RSCs) and not actually considered a safe. You can Google residentail security container vs safe and find a lot of information. As long as you understand the limitations, it should serve you just fine. My old man and I both have the next size up from yours and we're both really happy with them.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911GripMaker View Post
I use the metal pistol racks that are plastic coated for my pistols. There are also aftermarket products that attach the backside of the door for storage.
This guy knows...I use the racks and put them on mu top shelf. Works great.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:48 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I like the thing that attaches to the door with a half dozen handgun pockets, but my 6" GP100 is too long to have anything in the pocket below it. My BP pistols are also too big; the XD45 and CZ75b fit fine, as did the Bersa.

I will probably pick up a rack as described above for one of the shelves.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #19
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2472 Times on 1324 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Right now I have enough room to lay the pistols on the shelf. I'll have to figure out a better solution shortly.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 02-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think I paid $15 for the coated rack. It saves a lot of space, and looks really good.