Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Leaving gun in car (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/leaving-gun-car-97839/)

cblowe13 09-29-2013 01:03 PM

Leaving gun in car

Work at a hospital and have to leave the gun in car for 10 hours. Is there any type of insulated box or something I could try to keep it from rusting or literally freezing?

MisterMcCool 09-29-2013 02:25 PM

Cooler .

Axxe55 09-29-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cblowe13 (Post 1387179)
Work at a hospital and have to leave the gun in car for 10 hours. Is there any type of insulated box or something I could try to keep it from rusting or literally freezing?

get a gun vault that you can physically mount to your vehicle. keep your pistol oiled. if you live in a really high humidity environment, then throw a couple of those dessicant packages in the gun vault with the pistol. if the temperature is close to freezing, rust is not an issue. don't worry, the pistol won't freeze.

cblowe13 09-29-2013 11:10 PM

[QUOTE="Axxe55"] get a gun vault that you can physically mount to your vehicle. keep your pistol oiled. if you live in a really high humidity environment, then throw a couple of those dessicant packages in the gun vault with the pistol. if the temperature is close to freezing, rust is not an issue. don't worry, the pistol won't freeze.[/QUOTE

Any suggestions on a gun vault?

Axxe55 09-29-2013 11:11 PM

[quote=cblowe13;1387827]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxe55
get a gun vault that you can physically mount to your vehicle. keep your pistol oiled. if you live in a really high humidity environment, then throw a couple of those dessicant packages in the gun vault with the pistol. if the temperature is close to freezing, rust is not an issue. don't worry, the pistol won't freeze.[/QUOTE

Google is your friend! check MidwayUSA. i am sure they have something. check out the biometric gun safes. many of them have provisions for mounting them to something stationary.

cblowe13 09-29-2013 11:37 PM

Thanks for the help axxe

Axxe55 09-29-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cblowe13 (Post 1387856)
Thanks for the help axxe

you're welcome! send all donations and tips directly to my bank account!:D

cblowe13 09-30-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

you're welcome! send all donations and tips directly to my bank account!:D

You deserve a FEW bucks lol. You've helped out a good bit.

FAS1 09-30-2013 02:40 PM

[quote=cblowe13;1387827]
Quote:

get a gun vault that you can physically mount to your vehicle. keep your pistol oiled. if you live in a really high humidity environment, then throw a couple of those dessicant packages in the gun vault with the pistol. if the temperature is close to freezing, rust is not an issue. don't worry, the pistol won't freeze.[/QUOTE

I would be cautious about using one that requires electronics if the weather is that cold. Condensation might also cause problems with biometrics. Also look at the ones available that use a mechanical pushbutton lock as it will be reliable in all conditions and usually last a lifetime. Fort Knox, V-line and FAS1 Safe are a few that use this lock.

M605 09-30-2013 02:50 PM

[quote=FAS1;1388427]
Quote:

Originally Posted by cblowe13 (Post 1387827)

I would be cautious about using one that requires electronics if the weather is that cold. Condensation might also cause problems with biometrics. Also look at the ones available that use a mechanical pushbutton lock as it will be reliable in all conditions and usually last a lifetime. Fort Knox, V-line and FAS1 Safe are a few that use this lock.

+1 I agree, I live in Ohio and use a Bulldog gun vault that uses a key. No electronics.