Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Leather or kydex for CCing a steel-framed gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 02:11 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default Leather or kydex for CCing a steel-framed gun?

Those of you who CC revolvers, or other steel-framed guns, what holsters are better for the finish? Kydex or leather? Or something else?

I've heard both from various sources. Anyone with first-hand knowledge of the goods or bads of either, please chime in.

Thanks friends.

Always have clean socks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-30-2013, 01:52 AM   #2

I prefer kydex personally. I am a big fan of k-round holsters.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:09 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 474

I get cheap but serviceable holsters for concealed carry. I sweat like a pig in the summer. It doesn't matter who makes the holster I need two of them because the holster is still wet the following morning. I almost alway carry IWB in the summer. My underwear and my pants are soaked everyday.

I have started using 6" belly band holsters because they support my back but I still need two in the summer. You can get decent belly band holsters from the sportsmans guide for $17. They have a slot for one gun and two magazines. Some people have a pouch sewn on their belly band holster for cash and other valuables.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 07-30-2013, 02:12 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer
I get cheap but serviceable holsters for concealed carry. I sweat like a pig in the summer. It doesn't matter who makes the holster I need two of them because the holster is still wet the following morning. I almost alway carry IWB in the summer. My underwear and my pants are soaked everyday.

I have started using 6" belly band holsters because they support my back but I still need two in the summer. You can get decent belly band holsters from the sportsmans guide for $17. They have a slot for one gun and two magazines. Some people have a pouch sewn on their belly band holster for cash and other valuables.
Where on earth do you live that you swear so much?

The belly band idea is interesting. I might give it a shot. But I feel like it would make me, personally, sweat more.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Always have clean socks.