Lasers and Lights
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Lasers and Lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 07:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Lasers and Lights

Some of you might know the new Viridian C5L is out and its bigger brother the X5L are both about $300 on Optics Planet.com I like to compact design and the green laser is much better than the red ones I've seen. The green laser can be seen during the day and very easily at night. The light on the C5L and X5L models are both supposedly 100 lumens lights which is decent from what I can tell.

I'll be getting the C5L to put on my Glock 30sf the next time I have the budget for it. I think I'd rather have a quality product than have something that is poorly made and have to continually replace it like I did with a previous green laser from Osprey.

I dont know how many of you actually use a light or laser on your pistol, but I was wondering what you guys and gals currently use and/or would use if you were given the choice, between the plethera of options.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Last edited by Ruzai; 06-25-2010 at 04:12 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I use a Viridian X5 (no Light) on my Ruger SR556 rifle. You can see the
laser dot for about 50 yards in daylight.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:15 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I usually cant afford a good light and laser combo for all my guns so i figure I might have to switch the C5L off of my G30 to my AK-47 every now and then. But I'm kind of worried the recoil might be a bit too much for something meant for a pistol.

Does the X5 series hold its zero really well on your 556?

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

There is probably less recoil with the SR556 than with most pistols. In any
case, zero hasn't changed.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:59 AM   #5

As noted above, the GREEN light is visible during the day and - verrrrry - visible at night (a BG would be able to trace you easily). The RED light is only visible (from the side) at night in dusty or smoky areas.

I have a Viridian and a Crimson Trace (CT). I find the CT to be a far better unit for night time uses.
The best prices for CT that I have found are from Shooters-Resource.com

BN-Life - NRA
- NRA Certified Instructor -
I'm not worried about terrorism, I was married, TWICE!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:53 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've never had the chance to use any CT lasers. Although they do look like they are really good devices.
I really need a good tac-light because I dont like using the flashlight when something goes bump in the night, I like to have one hand free if I have to.
I have a dependible red laser but ever since I used a green one I've never really wanted another red laser. I've heard rumor that CT is working on green lasers, now that's something I'd be interested in looking at.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzai
I really need a good tac-light because I dont like using the flashlight when something goes bump in the night, I like to have one hand free if I have to.
I like the Streamlight TLR-1. You will be amazed at how well your sights are outlined in the light beam.

There are many that wail about pointing a gun at someone to identify them. Most of those have not learned to use a weapon mounted light. - - In the house point it at the ceiling in the general direction of the noise to illuminate that portion of the room, then switch to the BG if necessary.

BN-Life - NRA
- NRA Certified Instructor -
I'm not worried about terrorism, I was married, TWICE!

Old 02-14-2011, 03:14 AM   #8

I just purchased a c5l viridian for my Sig p229. Fits and looks great. Green laser is very bright and love the light and laser combo. Found a great place to purchase at Self defense products at xfighterdefense.com. Very professional at a great price.