Kydex holsters
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear >

Kydex holsters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 04:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Kydex holsters

Having a hard time making a decision on what holster to get. I have a XD service model with a 4 inch barrel and want to get a good holster. This will be my first Kydex holster. I want to get one that can be used as OWB concealed carry. I would like to have one that can be used as IWB also. There are a lot of companies that make them. Can't decide. Been looking at Fury holsters, Bravo concealment and Multiholsters. Anyone have experience with these or other brands? Any help or pointers would be great. Thanks in advance.
Drtybrd97

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-06-2013, 12:15 AM   #2

Hidden Hybrid Holsters! I own 2 of their holsters for my S&W M&P .40C and my Sig P250. Their holsters can be worn IWB or OWB and are AWESOME!

http://www.hiddenhybridholsters.com

Old 11-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I've got a Blackhawk Serpa CQC that I like. It locks the handgun in place and is easy and natural to release. I'm really not worried about anyone snatching my gun but if I run to get across a street I don't want to hear it hit the ground either. It can't be use IWB but I don't think I want a hard Kydex holster inside my waist band anyway. I would rather have leather for IWB. The Blackhawk come with the option of belt mount or paddle for less than $50. Mine is for a Springfield Armory XDS 45 acp.

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Last edited by string1946; 11-13-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:58 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4416 Times on 2982 Posts
Likes Given: 2210

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
I've got a Blackhawk Serpa CQC that I like. It locks the handgun in place and is easy and natural to release. I'm really not worried about anyone snatching my gun but if I run to get across a street I don't want to hear it hit the ground either. It can't be use IWB but I don't think I want a hard Kydex holster inside my waist band anyway. I would rather have leather for IWB. The Blackhawk come with the option of belt mount or paddle for less than $50. Mine is for a Springfield Armory XDS 45 acp.
In a Serpa the retention tab is released with the trigger finger. My 5.11 kydex holster is similar, but it has a thumb release.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #5

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Check out N82 tactical. They are IWB holsters but they aren't too expensive and are far more comfortable than any IWB or OWB holster I've found so far. They have some with a clear plastic, not sure if it's kydex, or you can get elastic to hold it to the suede backing. My elastic version will hold anything under 4" barrel, though it's a little harder to reholster.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 363 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 645

I use an X-Concealment kydex holster and love it. I wear it every day off-duty. www.x-concealment.com

Old 12-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I ended up buying a holster from Fury Carry Solutions. I'll post pics when I can. Great holster. Very comfortable. Excellent quality.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #8

Liked 51 Times on 38 Posts

That's a glock thirty in my thinkfast atacs, got a clip on the opposite.

Tex
image-1096604125.jpg   image-2390191786.jpg  

Old 12-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Here is my Fury holster. It is their stone gray kydex which I think looks great. Fits my service model XD perfectly. It has a ten degree cant that conceals very well. I have been toying around with different belt loop configurations to try and find the most comfortable/easiest conceilability. Not sure that's a word but sounds good ha.

forumrunner_20131213_145040.jpg

forumrunner_20131213_145118.jpg

Edit: 20 degree cant

Last edited by drtybrd97; 12-13-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #10

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Does yours have the sweat resistant backing? I'm trying to find out what that's made of but the web site doesn't say.

Newest Threads