Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Knock-off Surefire M600 mount on real firearm?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Knock-off Surefire M600 mount on real firearm?

Hi there,

I own a M600C without a mount base.

I found some knock-off mounts of Gear Sector, LaRue, Badger etc.

Some of them are made of 7075 aluminium and CNC-machined.
The manufacturer are T.S.C and Element.
I know, that the Element Surefire M600 replicas are horrible.

But maybe one of these brands were tested from someone up to 7.62.

Best regards,
Julian

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-16-2013, 04:37 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 956 Times on 538 Posts
Likes Given: 395

Welcome to firearms talk. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Introduce yourself when you get a chance in the "Introductions" forum.

For starters, a real mount for the M600 series doesn't cost all that much.

What's your M600C worth to you? For that matter, what's your life worth to you if you really need your weapon light to function correctly and not fall off the firearm when you need it most?

Why not just tape it or zip tie it to the firearm and put some foam/tape/plastic on it (between the light and the firearm) if you really want to go cheap. I would save your money for a proper mount and not bother with cheap Chinese crap. Whether it has worked for someone or not in the past is irrelevant, it's still cheap crap and not something you should willing stake your life on.

A SureFire weapon light and a proper mount is one of the things that I don't skimp on. Cheap optics, mounts, and cheap flashlights don't stand up to recoil, abuse, or mother nature.

Seriously, go on eBay and find a SureFire M600 mount for cheap that someone wants to get rid of because they purchased a fancier mount. The thumbscrew mount that comes with the M600 is usable and all you need is a dab of locktite to keep it in place once it's attached to the firearm.

Every attempt I've made at "going cheap" on optics, mounts, and lights has failed, but feel free to learn the lesson for yourself.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #3

Thank you for your post.

I will use the thumbscrew mount and keep my eyes open.

I just thought, that this type of steel is strong enough to withstand a recoil.