Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Just got my Galco King Tuk today (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/just-got-my-galco-king-tuk-today-69127/)

KeysKelly 07-28-2012 01:05 AM

Just got my Galco King Tuk today
 
I have been looking at the King Tuk, Crossbreed and Desantis Intruder for my Kimber Super Carry Ultra + for a while. I have used a Crossbreed before and liked it a lot. I have always been a BIG fan of Desantis and have heard nothing but praise about the King Tuk. After doing a lot of on line research, talking to other owners on different forums and reading the specs on all three holsters I chose the King Tuk.

So far I love it. The retention is enough that even with the weight of my 1911 the gun stays in the Kydex when I turned the holster upside down. The adjustable belt clips are very strong and easy to put on. The leather is very thick and covers the whole gun to avoid sweating on it. I am wearing in sitting down right now and it is very comfortable. It is easy to draw the gun both standing and sitting. I have to say I'm impressed.

Any King Tuk owners have any tips they can share or anything I shouldn't do? Any thing I need to know good, bad or so-so?

HOSSFLY 07-28-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeysKelly (Post 884485)
I have been looking at the King Tuk, Crossbreed and Desantis Intruder for my Kimber Super Carry Ultra + for a while. I have used a Crossbreed before and liked it a lot. I have always been a BIG fan of Desantis and have heard nothing but praise about the King Tuk. After doing a lot of on line research, talking to other owners on different forums and reading the specs on all three holsters I chose the King Tuk.

So far I love it. The retention is enough that even with the weight of my 1911 the gun stays in the Kydex when I turned the holster upside down. The adjustable belt clips are very strong and easy to put on. The leather is very thick and covers the whole gun to avois sweating on it. I am wearing in sitting down right now and it is very comfortable. It is easy to draw the gun both standing and sitting. I have to say I'm impressed.

Any King Tuk owners have any tips they can share or anything I shouldn't do? Any thing I need to know good, bad or so-so?

I think you're makin this up BECAUSE THERES NO PICS :p

KeysKelly 07-28-2012 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 884922)
I think you're makin this up BECAUSE THERES NO PICS :p

Does the screen in the background authenticate the photo? :p :rolleyes:

jujutsuka 07-28-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeysKelly

Does the screen in the background authenticate the photo? :p :rolleyes:

Say "cheese", Hoss lol

HOSSFLY 07-28-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeysKelly (Post 884930)
Does the screen in the background authenticate the photo? :p :rolleyes:

Thats better :D
Looks like a nice rig- Always had good use out of Desantis holsters :cool:

KeysKelly 07-28-2012 12:32 PM

So far I like it a lot although I've only worn it around the house. Going to carry it today.

HOSSFLY 07-28-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeysKelly (Post 884937)
So far I like it a lot although I've only worn it around the house. Going to carry it today.

Does it feel like it'll need much "breaking in?"

KeysKelly 07-28-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 884941)
Does it feel like it'll need much "breaking in?"

No. Leather is very flexible, hooks fit nicely, went on easily. One tip I got from You Tube that seems to work well is put it on your pants and belt before you put the pants on. It was very tough to put on with my pants buttoned and belt on. I undid my belt, unbuttoned and unzipped my pants and it went on easier. Then I took pants totally off, put it on and put pants back on. That was the easiest.

Oh my, does that make me "Easy" when my pants are off? :eek:

HOSSFLY 07-28-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeysKelly (Post 884951)
No. Leather is very flexible, hooks fit nicely, went on easily. One tip I got from You Tube that seems to work well is put it on your pants and belt before you put the pants on. It was very tough to put on with my pants buttoned and belt on. I undid my belt, unbuttoned and unzipped my pants and it went on easier. Then I took pants totally off, put it on and put pants back on. That was the easiest.

Oh my, does that make me "Easy" when my pants are off? :eek:

Was wonderin about that very thing :o :p

KeysKelly 07-31-2012 02:48 AM

Carried it all day today and I love it. Been practicing my draw at home. Draws very easily. Takes a little effort to reholster it but I don't care much about speed reholstering, just drawing.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:23 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.