JR Custom Leather
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > JR Custom Leather

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 425 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default JR Custom Leather

I don't know if this is the correct section, but I wanted to post some info on my newest custom holster that I ordered for my Model 66. I ended up going with JR Custom Leather based on the recommendation of another forum member and the fact that JR Custom Leather was able to start work on my holster pretty much immediately. I had to be difficult and request a totally new design, but Joel was happy to help and went right to work sketching out some designs like I wanted. I also had to go and be picky about the exotic skins that I wanted and the color combination. I was also very picky about the amount of detail I wanted boned into the grips. Then I had to go and ask that the holster be made for a gun in which he didn't have a template for. But Joel didn't even miss a beat and found someone with a similar gun that he could borrow to use as a template. I will be the first to admit that I was very picky in what I wanted from this holster. And being a one-man-operation myself, I understand how frustrating it can be when people are picky about their requests. Joel didn't show the least little bit of frustration and he was very happy to work with my changing designs and requirements. And I will admit that I was nervous about going with a holster-maker that I had not ever heard of or seen any of his work. But I thought that since another THR member recommended him, he couldn't be too bad and I rolled the dice. To say that I was pleasantly surprise when my holster arrived is an understatement. Joel not only met my expectations, he went above and beyond. The holster I received is exactly what I had envisioned in my head and hoped that it would be. He chose the perfect exotic skins for the holster and used the exact sections of the skin that I liked the most. The detail in the holster is exactly what I was looking for. The fit is absolutely perfect. Just enough to keep the gun very secure, but not so much that it makes the gun difficult to draw. The forward cant is exactly like I prefer on my guns. I told Joel that this would be more of a "special occasion" holster, but I think it's going to see a lot more use than I had imagined. Joel - I plan on wearing t his holster to every gun show that I set up at and I will gladly recommend you to anyone else looking for a top notch holster! Thanks for being so patient with me. The brown is ring lizard and the black is Caiman crocodile Now here are the pictures!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

That holster is stunning!

It not only looks like a great "Bar-B-Que Gun" holster but exudes functionality.

Thank you for sharing and could you provide a link to this holster maker?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-09-2011, 05:19 PM   #3

Just so, Cane. I designed it primarily for a show piece when I set up tables at gun shows. But after receiving it and belting it on, it's extremely comfortable and I plan on wearing it to a lot more places than just gun shows.

Here is the link: JR Custom Leather

He is just starting to earn a reputation in the large arena of custom holster makers, but I remember when I was just doing the same so I thought I would give the guy a chance. I'm happy I did as I'm already considering new holster idea to send to him.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That is one handsome holster.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #5

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I like the looks of that! It would definitely be for open carry. Don't want to cover something like that up.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 08-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I emailed Joel about an Avenger type holster for my PA63. He's looking into it.

Of course my beat up PA63 in a holster like that is a lipstick on a pig kind of thing...

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357
I emailed Joel about an Avenger type holster for my PA63. He's looking into it.

Of course my beat up PA63 in a holster like that is a lipstick on a pig kind of thing...
You don't have to use the exotics. My next holster is just going to be plain cowhide. But the detail that is boned into the surface is what I really think looks sharp. I think you PA-63 would look just fine.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

No, nothing fancy at all. It would just be plain old horsehide or cowhide.