Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   A IWB holster for a Nighthawk Custom AAC 1911 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/iwb-holster-nighthawk-custom-aac-1911-a-68112/)

StephanCTF 07-12-2012 10:01 PM

A IWB holster for a Nighthawk Custom AAC 1911

4 Attachment(s)
I'm looking for a holster for a Nighthawk Custom AAC 1911 this is essentially a full-size 1911 with: Railed "Recon Frame", oversized Heinie/Trijicon ledge Straight Eight suppressor sights 5 3/4 in barrel and ambi-safety

canebrake 07-14-2012 03:26 AM

Contact Tommy Theis Theis Holsters and ask him.

Hard to beat in comfort and price!

StephanCTF 07-14-2012 01:34 PM

Thanks much, I'll definitely add him ta my comparisons, like the fact he has horsehide as a backing option

Donn 07-14-2012 02:02 PM

You plan on CC'ing this? Stephan, you are the man.

StephanCTF 07-14-2012 03:05 PM

Its surprisingly thin with the alumagrips

Dillinger 07-14-2012 11:06 PM

I don't have an IWB holster for my AAC - but I do have one for my 4.25" and 5" carry pieces.

I got mine from Brigade Gunleather and got the Custom M-11.

The holster took about 5-6 months to get hand crafted, but when it showed up it fit like a hand going into a nice, comfy glove. It was a PERFECT fit and it wears really, REALLY well with my Milt Sparks thick carry belt. I love it and it's my only carry holster now (out of about a dozen I have tried).

Now with the rail and the extra tall sights (which you can dump if you go with the Osprey ;)) you will probably have to send them a pattern. I know they do custom work, so it might take a little longer.

Good luck. Buying a holster that you like is one of the most personalized decisions so I hope you end up finding the right one before you spend too much cash. :p

JD

jackal6 09-08-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger
I don't have an IWB holster for my AAC - but I do have one for my 4.25" and 5" carry pieces.

I got mine from Brigade Gunleather and got the Custom M-11.

The holster took about 5-6 months to get hand crafted, but when it showed up it fit like a hand going into a nice, comfy glove. It was a PERFECT fit and it wears really, REALLY well with my Milt Sparks thick carry belt. I love it and it's my only carry holster now (out of about a dozen I have tried).

Now with the rail and the extra tall sights (which you can dump if you go with the Osprey ;)) you will probably have to send them a pattern. I know they do custom work, so it might take a little longer.

Good luck. Buying a holster that you like is one of the most personalized decisions so I hope you end up finding the right one before you spend too much cash. :p

JD

I like these but is there a less expensive manufacture?

MrWray 09-10-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackal6

I like these but is there a less expensive manufacture?

We have a member here "longballer71", he makes EXCELLENT leather IWB holsters. Give him a PM and he will definitely take care of you