Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Inexpensive night vision scope for PSL?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Inexpensive night vision scope for PSL?

I have never bought a NV device before so I am looking for something entry level. Preferably day/night with illuminated reticle. Are there any Russian models that I should look for?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-21-2007, 10:42 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Inexpensive Night Vision?

Hello all

RON L = SERESURPLUS

Let me see how I can Put this tactfully? Russin Night Vision in the Generation 1, 2 and 3 are Available, these levls let you see in the dark, with each higher # better vision and Optics, but highter cost! While GEN 1 scope and Monuclars in the 150-300 range do work and are far better than Nothing, they pale In comparision to what Law Enforcement and the US Military use? It really depends on your need and use? If your interested in just casual use COM BLOC GEN 1 and GEN 2 items work OK! Have a Look at a GEN 3 and you will want to toss the others in the trash! gen 3 units cost near 1000$ and It goes up from there>? Ask yourslef, what do I need it for and what do I want it to do? If your work s always at night and your life and Security needs warrents it, Buy GEN 3-4 or 5, if your Budget will allow? In my case, I just can't spend 2K on night Vision and the GEN 1 stuff if just too dark and Granny in view for me?

If you tell me your Needs, I'll try and steer you to useable items and not try to sell ya anything, I'll just advise, OK?

RON

Old 02-21-2008, 02:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONSERESURPLUS View Post
Hello all

RON L = SERESURPLUS

Let me see how I can Put this tactfully? Russin Night Vision in the Generation 1, 2 and 3 are Available, these levls let you see in the dark, with each higher # better vision and Optics, but highter cost! While GEN 1 scope and Monuclars in the 150-300 range do work and are far better than Nothing, they pale In comparision to what Law Enforcement and the US Military use? It really depends on your need and use? If your interested in just casual use COM BLOC GEN 1 and GEN 2 items work OK! Have a Look at a GEN 3 and you will want to toss the others in the trash! gen 3 units cost near 1000$ and It goes up from there>? Ask yourslef, what do I need it for and what do I want it to do? If your work s always at night and your life and Security needs warrents it, Buy GEN 3-4 or 5, if your Budget will allow? In my case, I just can't spend 2K on night Vision and the GEN 1 stuff if just too dark and Granny in view for me?

If you tell me your Needs, I'll try and steer you to useable items and not try to sell ya anything, I'll just advise, OK?

RON
Hellow Ron. Im looking For three itums for my Russin Tiger SVD rifle. SVD Bipod./Ajustable Gas cylinder./15rd.clip./PNS 4.6x52 night vision rifle scope w/ range finding reticule. w/ siderale mount. any ideas? Thanks' From recon1/SVD. Email Add:badcobrown1@netzero.com