Inexpensive handgun lights/lasers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Inexpensive handgun lights/lasers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Inexpensive handgun lights/lasers

Hello,

I'm looking to invest some money on a handgun light/laser for my Glock 19

Ive never purchased one before, nor do I know alot on how they are adjusted and sighted in.

I'm looking to spend 80 dollars or under

any suggestions?

thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

It will be really tough to get anything of quality at that price range. A buddy of mine works at a gun store in Savannah and he has spoke highly of the NCstar clones of the Streamlight TLR-2 - but even they are over your price range...

Old 09-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #3

I purchased an inexpensive one once at a show and in my home in a darkened room it was OK, with that said, save your money and buy a quality one when you can afford more. The old saying you get what you pay for is very true...

Old 09-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Honestly, if it is just a tac light your looking for...which in my opinion is all you need - a laser is a crutch, learn to shoot with it and you'll never learn to shoot without one...you can get really good deals on high end lights on airsoft sites, I know they're not surefire's but they are incredibly bright, mine is the M3 insight +90lums, enough to light up a dark room and seriously blind anyone I point it at with the trigger toggle switch on the back $69 from Impact guns, they do all the same thinks as the big brands but are a fraction of the cost and don't have much difference in weight or size.

something to consider if your on a budget and just looking for something to have at night in the home, just in case.

Glaine ár gcroí, neart ár ngéag agus beart de réir ár mbriathar - ARW
(The cleanliness of our hearts, the strength of our limbs and our commitment to our promise)

Old 09-30-2010, 09:21 PM   #5

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

I'm not sure lights designed for Airsoft's will hold up well to the snappy and repeated recoil of real guns... YMMV

Old 09-30-2010, 09:25 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I'm going to agree with the "save up for better" group. A buddy of mine has purchased at least three different lights or lazer/light combos for his XD9 from the sub-$100 pile, and has not had much success with them. One i remember was returned to cheaperthandirt.com three times for failures before he gave up.

Sorry, $100 does seem like a lot of cash for a lil flashlight, to me at least.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:28 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Decided to just buy a tactical flashlight to keep next to my gun on my night stand

Really thought about lasers and decided it wasn't something practical I could use...more of a Movie thing

Old 10-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 244 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Check this out if you change your mind indy.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #9

NC Star AQPTF LED Flashlight for Pistols/Rifles w/ Weaver Style Mount and Quick Release FREE S&H AQPTF. NcSTAR Flashlights.

This is about the best light you will find under 50 but it will not fit small compact rails(may fit the 19). It has a quick release and underrated advertised lumens. I have one on a 30 and it has held up to around 400 rounds.

I would choose a tlr-3 its designed for compacts but doesnt put out a ton of lumens. ~$80

Old 10-25-2010, 01:32 AM   #10

i recently purchased a "LaserLyte Sub Compact V2" which fits my PT145 and my G19 .. it cost me $89.95 + tax at the local gun shop ..
my observations so far:
it has a powerful dot at night .. i can see the dot at about 400 to 500 yds .. it comes with a removable rail mount for a flashlight that mounts to bottom of the laser .. some negatives at this point .. the recoil from the 45 will at times make the laser activate on its own .. and the set screw for mounting comes loose after about 5 rounds (locktite?) .. the screw also hangs up in most leather holsters that i have tried .. i don't know about special made ones or a kydex holster .. if your serious about a quality laser then you will have to pay the price .. i have decided to use it ONLY for dry fire practice .. or keeping it off the guns to mess with the dog & cat ..