Home pistol safe

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Home pistol safe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'm looking for an additional gun safe for my home. I'm looking for any help in my decision. Reviews are negative with biometrics. Gunvault reviews are not as good as I'd like. The stack-on biometric looks decent.

Last edited by fakwak; 03-04-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #2

Liked 25 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Do you want one that is electronic or are you also considering a mechanical lock? There are lots to choose from depending on what you want. This is the one I make and use myself It weighs 21lbs and is much heavier than most. I personally like the Simplex locks for simplicity and reliability.

Glenn
FAS1SAFE

Old 03-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS1
Do you want one that is electronic or are you also considering a mechanical lock? There are lots to choose from depending on what you want. This is the one I make and use myself It weighs 21lbs and is much heavier than most. I personally like the Simplex locks for simplicity and reliability.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcJUGuB35y8
Nice safe! I like this concept, can this be secured to a wall?

Old 03-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

That is very slick! Also like the idea of no electronics to worry about.. Will there be a holster option for pistols with tactical lights on them?

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 03-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakwak View Post
Nice safe! I like this concept, can this be secured to a wall?
Thanks. Yes you can mount it horizontally or vertically. You just need to drill the mounting holes for your specific application and get the hardware you need locally.

Glenn
FAS1SAFE

Old 03-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
That is very slick! Also like the idea of no electronics to worry about.. Will there be a holster option for pistols with tactical lights on them?
The FAS1 has a standard type holster and the FAS1-TL has a tactical light holster. You can order an extra holster as well since they are interchangeable.

Glenn
FAS1SAFE