Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Home pistol safe (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/home-pistol-safe-59411/)

fakwak 03-04-2012 12:35 PM

I'm looking for an additional gun safe for my home. I'm looking for any help in my decision. Reviews are negative with biometrics. Gunvault reviews are not as good as I'd like. The stack-on biometric looks decent.

FAS1 03-04-2012 08:10 PM

Do you want one that is electronic or are you also considering a mechanical lock? There are lots to choose from depending on what you want. This is the one I make and use myself It weighs 21lbs and is much heavier than most. I personally like the Simplex locks for simplicity and reliability.


fakwak 03-05-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAS1
Do you want one that is electronic or are you also considering a mechanical lock? There are lots to choose from depending on what you want. This is the one I make and use myself It weighs 21lbs and is much heavier than most. I personally like the Simplex locks for simplicity and reliability.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcJUGuB35y8

Nice safe! I like this concept, can this be secured to a wall?

TheOldMan 03-05-2012 01:41 PM

That is very slick! Also like the idea of no electronics to worry about.. Will there be a holster option for pistols with tactical lights on them?

FAS1 03-05-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fakwak (Post 729476)
Nice safe! I like this concept, can this be secured to a wall?

Thanks. Yes you can mount it horizontally or vertically. You just need to drill the mounting holes for your specific application and get the hardware you need locally.

FAS1 03-05-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOldMan (Post 729584)
That is very slick! Also like the idea of no electronics to worry about.. Will there be a holster option for pistols with tactical lights on them?

The FAS1 has a standard type holster and the FAS1-TL has a tactical light holster. You can order an extra holster as well since they are interchangeable.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:08 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.