Holster for a .22lr semi-auto?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Holster for a .22lr semi-auto?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

Default Holster for a .22lr semi-auto?

Can someone give me any info. on where I can purchase a cc holster for a .22lr semi-auto. I plan to use it as my ccw.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-21-2011, 02:32 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9149 Times on 3951 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

And you, sirrah, will need to be a heck of a lot more specific about that .22. I have one that can be concealed in your closed hand, and one with an 8 inch barrel. WHAT GUN?

In the meantime, have you checked your friendly local gun shop?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #3

I planning to get a S&W M&P .22.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

http://images1.opticsplanet.com/pdf/opplanet-uncle-mike-s-law-enforcement-holster-fit-chart.pdf

Good starting point above.

Not that you asked, and not that I am slamming you, but a .22 would not be my first choice for a concealed carry gun. While I love my 22s, they simply lack stopping power. Deadly- oh yes. Quickly incapacitating- no.

Are you sure you want to do that?

Old 08-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
http://images1.opticsplanet.com/pdf/opplanet-uncle-mike-s-law-enforcement-holster-fit-chart.pdf

Not that you asked, and not that I am slamming you, but a .22 would not be my first choice for a concealed carry gun. While I love my 22s, they simply lack stopping power. Deadly- oh yes. Quickly incapacitating- no.

Yes because I need something small that's easily concealable.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter

Plus my budget is not tremendously unlimited and ammo cost for bigger guns is not conducive to my bank account and I shoot at the range 1 or 2 times a week.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Understood- and if I had to chose between a .22 and a pointy stick, would go for the .22.

However, the S&W M&P 22 is not what I would call a small pistol- it is about 7.6" long, and 24 oz empty (and a MSRP of $419)

A .38 Special J framed revolver like the Chief's Special is 6.3 " long, and if you shop for a used gun, can be had for well below $419. Ammo WILL be more expensive than 22 LR, but 38 Wadcutter is reasonable.

However, different folks make different choices- and you DID ask for suggestions on a holster, not a handgun.

There are a lot of different CCW setups, ranging from basic to exotic (hint- a lot of the exotics are pretty useless) I would go with a decent strong side belt holster that retains the gun well, but allows access to the gun readily. I use a crossdraw IWB, but chose that for access while behind a steering wheel.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #8

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've seen the subject of a .22 carry CCW weapon discussed 745,423 and 1/7 times. According to the 745,423 and 1/7th experts, the .22 caliber is under powered. That being said, many people are killed world wide with the .22 yearly. A person would do much better with a more powerful round for self defense but, shot placement is everything in the CCW self defense world. It has been said, "don't bring a knife to a gun fight". It can just as easily be said, "don't bring a .22 to a gun fight".

Old 08-21-2011, 10:16 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

the problem with 22s isnt hat they arent deadly. 22lr outside of wartime has killed more people than any other round. the issue with it is that in ccw you need a quick incapacitation. the 22 kills or incapacitates over hours. sometimes a person shot with one doesnt even realize it till much later when they notice a little blood.

same price range as the sw 22 is the bersa thunder 380. smaler more holster options and easily slides into pockets in pants or jackets.

ive personally never heard of a ccw holster to fit a sw22.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...