Hidden hybrid holsters-yho
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Hidden hybrid holsters-yho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hidden hybrid holsters-yho

Does anyone own a HHH? If so, I am just curious if you like it or not. Is it comfortable? ; hot; itchy. How's the retention? Is there a better OWB/IWB combo holster around $70?...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I ordered a hydrid kit for my 92fs from Old Faithful holsters. Ordered it on St Patricks day and it arrived on Apr 9.

Just assembled it today. seems pretty comfortable and it isn't broken in yet.

The assemble yourself kit is only 40$. The same holster is 75$ if they assemble it. Seems like pretty high quality materials. The kydex is thicker than I thought it would be.

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1397497386.424635.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 04-14-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I second the Old Faithful holsters. I have one, the kit that I assembled, for my M&P9c. Its a terrific item.

Always have clean socks.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #4
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3161 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 689

That's Funny. I just ordered one for the RIA,...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 04-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1587 Times on 1084 Posts
Likes Given: 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63readybreak View Post
Does anyone own a HHH? If so, I am just curious if you like it or not. Is it comfortable? ; hot; itchy. How's the retention? Is there a better OWB/IWB combo holster around $70?...
The combination IWB/OWB holsters are to long for most people. Pick something and buy a holster that does it well. One of our members makes decent holsters for $35. You can find professional quality holsters on eBay for under $50. You can see that finding a OWB and a IWB holster for $70 isn't hard.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 04-28-2014, 04:03 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Hidden Hybrid Holster

I own a HHH holster for my Ruger SR9c. Yes, it's very comfortable and not too big. I carry at about 2 o'clock but you can carry in almost any position from 1 to 5 o'clock with it. The cant is adjustable by moving the belt clips. Yes it holds the pistol well when IWB . You can, however, adjust 2 of the screws to tighten down the kydex to your preferred tension. OWB wear would be great for range use but probably less so for everyday carry as there's no 'security' strap. The leather on the HHH is outstanding finished grade leather on the pistol side and soft suede on your skin side. It has thicker leather and kydex than Crossbreed, Old Faithful, and White Hat per the comparative reviews I found. At $60, you can't go wrong. Also, do a google search for a 10% off coupon for Hidden Hybrid Holsters...that's enough to cover the shipping. Very well made and comfortable. Will be getting another soon for my 45 carry too.

Last edited by tinkersdam; 04-28-2014 at 04:06 AM.