Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Hard Case for Scoped Rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Default Hard Case for Scoped Rifles

I am looking for a hard case that will hold (2) scoped rifles with at least 4-12x scopes. The Plano Pro-Max model below felt pretty solid and has (6) latches and weatherproof seals. Is anyone familiar with this case or have case recommendation?

Thanks!

Pro-Max double scoped rifle case patented pillarlock system protects firearms. Holds two scoped rifles with large objective lenses. Poly tie-down straps holds firearms firmly in place. Six heavy duty latches. Lockable/airline approved.

Dimensions :53.875" x 19" x 5.625"
Weight: 18.60 lb

76079.jpg  

Virginia58

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."
~John Wooden

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #2

Liked 293 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 25

You might want to check these out.

Pelican Cases at Pelican Case Store.com: Pelican Long Cases - Pelican Gun Cases - Pelican Rifle Cases at Pelican Case Store.com

Old 12-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

The biggest thing I have found with airline hard cases is that the pressure needs a way to be released when you get them back. Aside from the monkey's throwing them this way and that in "handling" - just about any hardside case will do.

I have an aluminum one that was "rated for travel" that I had to purchase to send some weapons home that I inherited. It looks like I dragged it behind the truck for the 3,000 mile trip home. It's in such bad shape it can't be used again, so definitely go with plastic and something that locks.

I only buy Pelican cases, because of their guarantee, the lock and they have an air pressure release valve.

Try to open an air tight case that has been depressurized without a release valve. It's like trying to pry Jack off fresh tail after a LRRP in the jungle.

Last edited by Dillinger; 12-09-2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: messed up my own quote

Old 12-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #4

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

The Pro-Max case would indeed be very good rifle storage and protection cases for all ground travel and transport...and at half the price!

But, I too prefer the Pelican cases and their reputation for air travel, and mainly for the same exact reasons JD stated. YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I only buy Pelican cases, because of their guarantee, the lock and they have an air pressure release valve.

Try to open an air tight case that has been depressurized without a release valve. It's like trying to pry Jack off fresh tail after a LRRP in the jungle.
...And that's the truth!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Last edited by Dillinger; 12-09-2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: JD messed up his own quote

Old 12-10-2010, 05:16 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Thanks guys. I'm familiar with Pelican cases for photography gear, and I know they make good solid products. I'll check out the links and see what I can afford. Spent good money on the rifles, might as well protect them.

Virginia58

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."
~John Wooden

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Cases

As mentioned,

Pelican is very nice, easy to use latches.

Starlight makes a nice case as well.

Storm rifle cases look pretty good.

-Rick

Unbiased Barnard, BAT, Kelbly, Nesika Bay x2, Remington x3, Browning, Marsh, Ruger x2, Savage x3, UltraLight Arms, AR15 x3 owner. I like 'em all.