Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Handgun safe????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Handgun safe????

I need a safe that can hold two to four guns, ammo, mags.

Maybe with a cord so I can attach it to something significant as most handgun safes are light weight.

Just would like some input from those with experience and keep in mind my bankroll please under $150

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #2

Liked 983 Times on 633 Posts
Likes Given: 244

It really depends on what you want it for. If you want it to keep the kids out, an inexpensive safe will be fine. If it is to deter theft, it may not work out so well. An experienced thief will either rip it off the floor or cut the cable and take the whole thing with him in a matter of seconds.

Even a dang heavy gun safe can be easily defeated by an experienced crook. I have a pretty decent one, and have it mounted as good as it can be, and I could reduce it to scrap in 10 minutes with a battery powered Sawzall. But at least it would take ten minutes and time is a thief's worst enemy.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 10-07-2011, 12:49 AM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I want one specifically so my younger brother will be unable to get a hold of it. He is not "young" but I want something to simply make it unable for him to break in.
so he cannot pick the lock crack the code.....I don't plan to tell him or anyone else about it and keep it hidden as possible.

I just want a solid frame that cant be ripped apart by hand, please give me suggestions if possible as there are so many and do not want to have to return it.

Thanks,
Getem

Old 10-07-2011, 04:32 AM   #4

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Make one or have one made.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 10-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Try Harbor Frieght Tools. ( Search results for: 'safe' )
They have several small safes with electronic keypads for less than $150 (as low as $40) that will work for security. Most NOT Fire Rated, but will keep the unauthorized out. Most of the current sport / gun mags have an ad with a 20% off coupon.