Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Gun Safes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Check out Bear Safes in Oklahoma City, OK. 33 years in business with zero failures. They have a good link on their website on safes.

Pricey but worth it. When you look at the sloppy mechanisms of some of the expensive safes you'll see the difference.

They are 100% made in Oklahoma USA!

Old 02-06-2012, 02:01 AM   #22

Just bought a fatboy jr today. Gander mountain has them on sale right now for 1100. I couldnt find a better deal for the size

Old 02-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis845 View Post
After doing allot of research and checking around, the Liberty Fat Boy fitted my budget and needs. At 880 lbs. I paid the extra $225.00 to have it placed where I wanted. I had to take off and reinstall the door frames myself though, to get it in.

Oh yes, buy a safe at least twice the size you need. They fill up fast.

[IMG][/IMG]
IMO, you can only count on about 50% of the gun capacity claimed by the manufacturers (unless you want your guns piled in there and scraping against each other).

Old 02-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #24

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

Yes - buy a safe twice the size you need. My wife bought me a sweet cannon safe that advertised 30 guns. My safe is FULL. I do love my safe and have decided to build some cabinets to lock up my ammo. I will also have to purchase a different door storage mat as I'm out of room for all of my pistols and no room for any of my knives. Plus - 30 guns, may fit if they are pushed in on top of each other which kind of defeats the purpose. All of my shot guns are scratch less and my SKS is an almost flawless refurb. They can't be stored touching each other. My antique and older rifles can be pushed in a bit but still need breathing room so to speak. I have it so that my 12 pump comes out when I'm home and my 9mm goes in. Vice versa when I leave. It's working out well. I do lovely safe though.

No such thing as a "running start"
NRA, ILE, American Shooter