gun safe vs burglar

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > gun safe vs burglar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default gun safe vs burglar

Are there any gun safes that you can open super quickly if a burglar is there? Ultimately wouldn't you want retina or finger print scan on your safe so it just pops open for you? (An interface to where it doesnt make it obvious to intruders that that is how you open it)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-02-2007, 09:02 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default quick gunsafes

There are a few where the safe bolts down (or not) and it has multi-finger combination. Some of these can be spring loaded for faster draw. There's also hidden gun holders concealed behind a clock,picture frame,etc.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:22 AM   #3

Do an internet search for "biometric gun safes" and you'll find all you need to know and whats available.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #4

Default partial combination

Well, here's an idea for gun safes with a combination dial:

For faster access, pre-dial the first two numbers of the combination. THen all you have to do to open the thing is turn it in the correct direction to the last number. When you're leaving the house for the day, or when kids are playing unsupervised in the house and you want more security, spin the dial and go back to the regular way of opening it.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2773 Times on 1449 Posts
Likes Given: 243

For a handgun, try the Gunvault. Four finger grooves and a chagable combination. For long guns, an electronic combo lock.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

cannon dial safes will have a key that locks the dial, so you can set it with one number off them lock the dial , then just unlock the dial hit the number and open it

Old 02-22-2008, 09:27 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eitsurfaise View Post
Are there any gun safes that you can open super quickly if a burglar is there? Ultimately wouldn't you want retina or finger print scan on your safe so it just pops open for you? (An interface to where it doesnt make it obvious to intruders that that is how you open it)
If one has small children in the home, I can understand one's concern in locking up all the guns. I know some will disagree with this, and rather go with the creed of teaching children not to touch firearms but I find few children and their friends that I trust that far.

Take children out of the equation, and all one has to deal with is a spouse or girl friend.

I once got caught with my gun put up, unloaded, and ammunition in another place; while burglars broke into our home. My children were young at the time and I felt differently than I do now. Fortunately my bark scared them out of the house, and by the time I got my gun they were gone.

That incident, which happened over twenty years ago, changed the way I've slept ever since. Since then, I've kept a loaded gun and two dogs at my bedside, with one light on at all times.