Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > gun safe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I dont see anything wrong with it. They sell the same type at Dick's. Cheep and better the glass box.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #32

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 17

If ya cut one of those back into a wall and secure it to the floor and a stud, then its dang difficult to monkey with.

I have a big Winchester safe, I wouldnt have it but for a fluke. I went into Sams Club in Santa Fe, NM, to get some supplies one day, and while I was getting my stuff, I noticed this bunch of big gun safes. A bright red one had $449 on a tag taped to the door. Huh? That cant be right. I found the floor manager and I asked her, is that right? Well being a Democrat, she flew into a rage and thought I had accused her of being stupid and after she got done yelling at me and telling me that she, personally, had just put that tag on the door, and that of course it was right, I asked do you have any other color than red? She is lookin at me out of the corner of her eye,,,sorta like a breechy old heifer, and she says that she does...I told her then I would take one if her people would load it in my truck. She looks at me out of the corner of her eye again and says she can do that....

I got it loaded and paid for and got the hell out of Santa Fe. When I got home, I called the Albuquerque store and asked them if they had a safe like that, they did, how much? $1449 on sale. SCORE.

NRA Life
Whittington Center Life
Times are tough, ammo is expensive, there will be no warning shots.

gwb8568 Likes This 
Old 07-07-2012, 03:21 AM   #33

Ok I just got my barska biometric safe today, and it works great. Some of the features are: up to 30 fingure print can be programed. I used that feature about 12 times for different positions of my 2 thumbs. The 4 batt that came with the safe where.garbage heavy duties, so I replaced them with duracell. In case you run out of juice the safe will beep prior. Lets say it goes through that process and you cant get in they provide you with an external batt back up that also take 4 aa batts. You plug in the front port. Lets say those batts are dead too, they give an allen key to take off a plate that hides a round key hole.
The safe is as sturdy as a "stack on" cabinet. It weighs 63lbs and does come with hardware so you can bolt it down.
Now it wont hold a decked out AR, it just not large enough. It will hold any 22 or a riot shot gun, about 3 rifles. It has one removable shelf.
The biometric print scanner is way cool! It works every time. There is a beep when you are scanned and its loud, but you can shut it off, which i did.
My only complaint is its to shallow, but it is what it is.

forumrunnerimage.jpg

Old 07-07-2012, 06:41 AM   #34

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

This is another one of those ridiculous threads.

I purchased this because it was cheap, what do you think? Now sit back and watch me defend my purchase because I wasn't stroked like I figured I would be.

Safes are not for quick access. I know we like to think we're something we're not but chances are you'll be sounds asleep when something happens that needs the attention of a firearm. As I get older waking up and clearing the cobwebs takes longer and longer. How long do you think it takes to get from the bedroom door to the side of the bed. It depends on whats waiting in my bed . My point, I have prayed that I have the situational awareness to wake up and be able to get to my firearm in time. Chances are it'll take a prayer.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #35

Dont be so bitter. I did not get the safe because it was on sale, i got it for the quick access. Why fumble with keys or code in a intence situation. I dont even need a flash light.
Maybe its not my only safe? Whats wrong with a review. I was gonna get this safe wether it was at retail or the good price i found it for.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezburger View Post
Dont be so bitter. I did not get the safe because it was on sale, i got it for the quick access. Why fumble with keys or code in a intence situation. I dont even need a flash light.
Maybe its not my only safe? Whats wrong with a review. I was gonna get this safe wether it was at retail or the good price i found it for.
People are just trying to help. The safe looks cool, no doubt.

There's nothing wrong w/ giving your opinion on products either. I think the issue is the fact that you asked for opinion on this product and got upset when you didn't get what you were probably looking for. I happens a lot. I think we have all been guilty of such things.

It's a public forum there will be a lot of differing opinion.

Mine = a safe is smart but it will never be fast.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #37

If you look at th OP i just wanted an opinion. I see no coments helping from you Mike or kdog. Your basically calling me a dope and kdog is in the wrong forum, this not GLP. Thats what the OP was for, another POV. Yeah dont like when someone calls me names on a forum when they them selves dont like what im talking about. Dont attack me personally, attack what im saying.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #38

Maybe you feel you didn't receive any help because you didn't want to hear what was said. Maybe?

I never called you a dope. Don't overthink things.

Anyway, cool looking safe.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #39

What was said? Seems more like complaints because you and 1 other did not like th posting. Maybe next time i purchase something i should ask you and the government if you aprove?

Old 07-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezburger View Post
What was said? Seems more like complaints because you and 1 other did not like th posting. Maybe next time i purchase something i should ask you and the government if you aprove?
Even a moderator made the same comment. I don't think you fully understand what's going on here so I'll let it be.

Enjoy the cool looking new safe.