gun safe - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > gun safe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I get your point, but there will be always a market for both kinds off safes. Also that safe is better then no safe. I currenlty keep it in an old glass case. I should just put a sign outside "break here just in case" and leave the hammer. If i dont like it, it will cost nothing to send back as it cost nothing to ship. If i think its crap, it wiil go back.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #22

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I agree!

But there will only be a market, if poeple want to buy the stuff. Demand and Market, I think it`s called.
So if nobody wants biometric safes, they wont be offered, kind of....

Old 07-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #23
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1337 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Safes are great for snoopy friends and cleaning people with sticky fingers, but consider firearms training for anyone else in the house. Not only for when the kids are home, but for when they go over to their friend's houses. Not everyone is equally safe with their firearms, and training can avert accidents that come from kids and adults experimenting with hidden items, the "Forbidden Fruit Syndrome" we all have. Training takes away the mystery and secrecy of firearms and reinforces the safety of having a safe.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 07-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Locks and safest etc, they keep honest people honest. There is no stopping the professional thief unless you catch them in the act. As for family, education is the best deterant, for sure. For an extra piece of mind I had once made a decorative box to hang on the wal. It looked like a picture, had a secret spot for the gun, and it would not open unless you moved certain pieces. Even still if a burglar had any suspicion and a heavy hammer.......

Old 07-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I bought a bio safe when they first came out.

Gander Mountain for about $200

I like mine but dont expect it to stop a 3 foot prybar or a very very determined thief!

#1 it is hidden from sight.

#2 it is fastened down so it cant be carried.

#3 it has battery back up

#4 I can open it (from completely and safely secured) and have a loaded gun in my hand in 3 seconds. How cool is that!!

I really dont think any one will take the time to copy my prints to get my 45

I like mine for what it is and it works great.

I practice with it just like anything else (use it or lose it)

Old 07-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #26

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Don`t only think about robbers....also think about friends, so called friends, kids, etc......

I don`t think the parents of the colombine school shooting would very have expected their kids to do something so horrofying, but they did.
Same is with the kids here in germany in Winnenden, who shot 15 people and himself with his fathers Beretta, or the kid a few ago, who got into the gun chamber from his father, who was chairman of a gun club, and stole a few pistols.

I think, any safe, that can be opend with a crowbar or a screwdriver, will never prevent anybody from steeling the firearms in it.
Having a sturdy and heavy safe, might not prevent it eitherm, but it will for sure make it much harder for the burglar.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #27

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 17

My guns are prioritized. The ones that I really dont want to lose are in the safe, but the expedient ones live in cupboards, above closet doors, along the top plate in the basement and outbuildings, behind truck seats, and other sorta out of sight places where, if needed, they can be retrieved in seconds. But then, I'm almost off the grid, and 20 miles from the nearest blacktop road. Response by official services takes about a half an hour, so there is really no reason to call 911.

NRA Life
Whittington Center Life
Times are tough, ammo is expensive, there will be no warning shots.

gogogopher Likes This 
Old 07-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #28

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I need to buy a gun safe myself. I have two "go to" firearms I keep out, and a few that need storage. My job has me traveling alot so I would like to secure those while I'm gone. I have been looking at the "gun lockers" as I am not made of money. Has anyone seen a problem with using one of those instead?

Old 07-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #29

Do you mean like "stack on"?

Old 07-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #30

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_247819_-1?N=329211197
like that
Made of sheet metal, it won't survive a grenade but will keep my rifles and pistols secure.