Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > gun safe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I just purched a Barska biometric rifle safe. It uses your fingure print to open. Does any one have this safe or feature, and can tell me thier opinion?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
10-32

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

I don't have one but I think they are kinda cool. I prefer mechanical entry only safes. I just don't trust electronics. If your safe doesn't have a keyed entry back up make damn well sure it has batteries in it or whatever in case of power failure.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #3

It does have a series of key just in case, but i think in the case of home invasion it may be quicker to go for the louieville slugger, instead of fubbling with tools.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 2

biometrics suck! Sorry to say it that way and anybody that buy those biometric systems just give the gun grabbers more ideas and reasons to bring in more of that stuff.

There are severl videos on the internet, that explain how to copy fingerprints with normal everyday household goods, such as a inkjet printer, some super glue, a digital camera and a fingerprint, that can be found evrywhere in your house.

The same method was successfully used to fake prints on biometric payment systems.
Companys, like Armatix live from those systems, and from trying to sell smart gun technology, biometric blockings systems for firearms, etc. and are lobbying with several goverments.

Also having an emergency opening key only reduces the safety factor, since you have to hide it somewhere and the quality of those emergency locks are mostly of very poor quality.

In my opinion, nothing will go over a mechnical or elektronic PIN locking system.

Sorry to state this so directly, but I just do not understand any gun owner, that will buy a biometric safe out of his own free will.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #5

The fbi already have my prints, i bought it already. I will let you know.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Really most of the ones I have seen seem great because you put 1 gun in there for home defence to keep it out of reach of kids and people who are snooping like house guests but not robbers when your at work. They will just pry the thing open.
But it makes it harder for them.

But I thing there good for what they are.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wight is it a 1 gun safe for the bedroom or a large safe for multiple guns?

Old 07-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #8

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 2

What will you let me/us know?

Dude, we are in the middle of this biometric crap here in germany. The company producing that stuff is trying to grab foot in the US.
New Jersey already has the smart guin technology written in their laws.

And the more biometric stuff is sold, the reason there is for the gun grabbers to request that technology for leagal gun owners. No matter if safes, smart technology in firearms or biometric dildos that are inserted into the barrells of the firearms.

You guys have the laws, that allow you to keep youre firearm at bedside at night and on your hip during the day. So use those laws and only do what must be done, to prevent children from getting unseen access to the firearms, when you are not home.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #9

Umm dude if you are on the grid ie: cell phones, own fire arms, credit cards, face book, pay taxes, have obozo care( no choice in that matter) or on this forum. I hate to break it to you, they already are in control. I needed a safe that was compact for a few guns. The price was right, in a capitalist, i work and earn money, so i bought it.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #10

Liked 6106 Times on 3698 Posts
Likes Given: 6910

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezburger View Post
The fbi already have my prints, i bought it already. I will let you know.
No offense meant but I see time and time again that someone buys a gun/safe/range bag, etc. and then ask what people think. I think it would behoove us to ask first and then buy after we hear reviews.

I hope it works out okay for you.