Gun display case information.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Gun display case information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 03:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gun display case information.

Hey guys, I am considering a business building and selling gun display cases. I have been searching for information as to how popular they are at this time. I know many people are buying large gun vaults, but what about gun display cases? What kind of set up would you like if you were to buy one for your collection? If you guys can give me your opinions or advise that would be great. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-09-2011, 03:49 AM   #2

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

No idea on the demand for such a thing, but wanted to throw this out there to you. When I was a young teen, I built my own display case for some knives out of a custom made box (by me) that was about 16X12X2, I laid a piece if styrofoam in it, traced the outline of my knives I wanted to put in, inletted the foam with a knife, covered it with velvet, and then glued it into the box. It turned out pretty nice. Just thought I would share.

Personally, I wouldn't put my guns on display. If someone breaks in, I want them to have to look for the good stuff and hopefully miss it.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:52 AM   #3

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Welcome to FTF.
With growing concern for theft many gun owners lock their collections up tight. There probably is still a market for the product you are proposing, though. If I was looking for a display case I would want good quality wood, very smooth finish and excellent fit at joints. Mass produced junk is readily available, you would do well to compete against that with real quality in workmanship and materials. Good luck.

Stop by the introductions thread and say hello.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 12-09-2011, 04:07 AM   #4

I would actually build these with strong plexiglass instead of regular glass making it harder to break into. In addition to that, I would install locks preventing someone from being able to just open the door and take the guns or ammunition, knives, whatever may be put in there. I would never make them out of junk wood, it would be made out of strong, durable wood and the back would be made of wood as well, not the trashy board on the back of many crappy entertainment centers. I have heard of a lot of antique collectors looking for cases to put antique firearms and weapons in, but the prices for a lot of the gun cases are ridiculous for cheap materials.