Grip predicament

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Grip predicament

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Grip predicament

My edc is an XDS 45 with the granulated talon grip. I absolutely love the way that grip feels in my hand BUT I am having an issue with my shirt getting snagged on it. I don't mind the tub on my side it's not really uncomfortable but the shirt issue does get a little annoying.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am considering the rubberized talon grip but I am concerned it won't feel as good in my hand. Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Old 06-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Rub not tub hahaha

Old 06-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #4

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've used the rubberized Talon grips on my XD's, LCP, and Glock, and I can't speak highly enough about them.

Since I haven't tried the granular I'm not in a position to compare, but as little as they cost I would recommend you try the rubberized version before looking elsewhere for a solution.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 06-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1088 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Before you yank the sand grips off in favor of the rubber ones, try this little suggestion. Hit your favorite big box store and go to the paint dept. They will have a duct tape display. Cover your sand grip, in your favorite pattern of duct tape. When applied, the duct tape negates a bit of the boldness of the sand grips, while still giving a feeling of aggressiveness I like in my hand.

Tear the duct tape so it is a little larger than you need, and trim around the sand grips with a sharp utility knife.

Hello Kitty, Sponge Bob, the sky is the limit for patterns. I just ordered some glow in the dark duct tape in a zebra stripe from Amazon.

I change my duct tape grips every week or so, does not hurt the sand grips below. I also do my slide sometimes. The artist in me figures why not?

forumrunner_20130620_081403.jpg  

Old 06-21-2013, 03:29 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Haha nice. I do believe that's the first time I've seen that but hey it looks like it works for you but got me I'm not into the duct tape lol