Great every day carry gun belt
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Great every day carry gun belt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Default Great every day carry gun belt

I have no connection with this company, but I did buy one of their belts and it has been awesome.
I used to use a leather gun belt, and I guess it finally wore out. On a suggestion from some Youtubers I ordered an SOE Gear Rigid Cobra belt. This thing is awesome! I carry concealed everyday and this belt has made a world of difference. It is now a lot more comfortable to carry for 11 hours a day.
Check it out.
http://originalsoegear.com/15rigidcobrabelt.html

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #2

Liked 1861 Times on 1043 Posts
Likes Given: 1233

If it works for you. But that just screams "Gun" to me. I have a leather gun belt that looks like a regular leather belt.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #3

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I do agree with the point the OP is making, and that is if you're going to carry, it makes sense to use a dedicated gun belt, especially if your weapon is larger/heavier.

I go here for my gunbelts. I've bought two from Jim and they are top-drawer all the way, and offer various widths and hole-spacing options which makes sizing for IWB much easier.

http://thebeltman.net/

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

People Like This 
Old 11-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
If it works for you. But that just screams "Gun" to me. I have a leather gun belt that looks like a regular leather belt.
I guess I should have told you my method of carry. I do use an IWB holster and an untucked shirt. So my belt and my handgun are concealed. The belt can't scream gun if you can't see it.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

CA357 Likes This 
Old 11-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49 View Post
I do agree with the point the OP is making, and that is if you're going to carry, it makes sense to use a dedicated gun belt, especially if your weapon is larger/heavier.

I go here for my gunbelts. I've bought two from Jim and they are top-drawer all the way, and offer various widths and hole-spacing options which makes sizing for IWB much easier.

http://thebeltman.net/
Very nice belts indeed!
The one I bought works for me. I sized it up once for IWB carry and that's it. Now all I have to do is click the buckle together and I'm ready to go. It is easy to readjust the sizing though. Just undo the Velcro and slide the buckle.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by truevil1313 View Post
Very nice belts indeed!
The one I bought works for me. I sized it up once for IWB carry and that's it. Now all I have to do is click the buckle together and I'm ready to go. It is easy to readjust the sizing though. Just undo the Velcro and slide the buckle.
I guess you could consider your belt to have infinite hole spacing.

Thanks for your service, too, BTW.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 11-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49 View Post
I guess you could consider your belt to have infinite hole spacing.

Thanks for your service, too, BTW.
It was truly my pleasure, and thank you for caring.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #8

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
But that just screams "Gun" to me.
I hear people say this all the time about gun belts, fanny pack holsters and "concealed carry" vests and I really think its way overstated as a legitimate concern.

Sure, a belt like this might look odd with a pair of dress pants (assuming anyone actually LOOKS at your belt) but with casual pants like jeans not so much. Even assuming someone would actually notice what belt you are wearing. I have a Wilderness Instructors Belt that I wear with my jeans and cargo pants and no one has ever commented on it. Likewise I have a similar nylon belt with plastic buckles that I wear when flying (to avoid needing to remove my belt every time I walk through security) and no one (including TSA) has ever said anything.

I would guess that 99% of the people you meet every day don't even know that gun belts, fanny pack holsters or CCW vests even exist let alone immediately recognize them as proof you are carrying.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7194 Times on 4329 Posts
Likes Given: 8772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
It wouldn't have screamed "gun" to me.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I hear people say this all the time about gun belts, fanny pack holsters and "concealed carry" vests and I really think its way overstated as a legitimate concern.

Sure, a belt like this might look odd with a pair of dress pants (assuming anyone actually LOOKS at your belt) but with casual pants like jeans not so much. Even assuming someone would actually notice what belt you are wearing. I have a Wilderness Instructors Belt that I wear with my jeans and cargo pants and no one has ever commented on it. Likewise I have a similar nylon belt with plastic buckles that I wear when flying (to avoid needing to remove my belt every time I walk through security) and no one (including TSA) has ever said anything.

I would guess that 99% of the people you meet every day don't even know that gun belts, fanny pack holsters or CCW vests even exist let alone immediately recognize them as proof you are carrying.
I think you are absolutely correct. Those of us who carry probably notice the occasional IWB bulge, or think "tactical" when we see cargo pants, but the dumb masses [say that real fast] are, for the most part, clueless.

CA357 Likes This