Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Glasses: Yellow vs. Persimmon vs. Gray/Black

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glasses: Yellow vs. Persimmon vs. Gray/Black

Hello, everyone!

Just about to purchase some prescription shooting glasses and I'm wondering two things:

1. If I choose to go the yellow/persimmon route, which offers the best target definition in all lighting conditions?

2. If I choose to go with a gray/black lense so as to use them also as daily sunglasses, how much target definition do I lose?

Thx a bundle!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-11-2011, 10:00 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Welcome to the site. You should stop by our introduction thread and tell us about yourseelf. In regards to your shooting glasses question, I have one anser for you. Oakleys! They make a shooting speciffic lens color, and it works well in nearly ALL lighting conditions. It is available in only one frame style called the "Radar". If shooting through a scope, you will not need the prescription lens, let the optic do the work for your eyes. If pistol or shotgun shooting, you may want the prescription. Visit an optemitrist and see if the Radar with the G22 shooting specific lens is available in a prescription.

Oakley I believe is still the official suppplier of glasses to the United States military. II got all hooked up on this topic through my room mate who used to be an Oakley rep. Shot with this glass and frame one time, and have never looked back. There is one drawback though, they are EXPENSIVE!

Old 02-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #3

Thanks!

I'm currently looking at these, but I'm trying to figure out what color is best.

Oakley Industrial M FRAME Sunglasses available online at Oakley.com

I'll also have a look at your suggestion, but I called Oakley and the rep suggested only these. Well, another pair - 11-161 - but didn't have any through the site.